WD make a great device with cheap price, but its not so functional for me. So i make few alternatives and here is they:
Whats done now?
- Clean Debian (Debian Jessie. Possible update to newer releases)
- OpenMediaVault - Debian wheezy/Jessie + OMV
- Synology DiskStationManager v5.2 - Yes! Its a “DSM” from Synology NAS! Great WebGUI and lots of functions (Work almost all).
- Kernel sources, binaries and other info
Recovery and roll back:
If something went wrong, please read “Replace HDD” instruction - its help you reupload firmware to HDD or change internal HDD to another one (Yes, need disassemble device)
Or use “Recovery” package for unbrick devise without opening.
- WOL not supported by Hardware.
- Be careful with network settings - sometime OMV erase network settings (/etc/network/interfaces)
- On first login you can get “Error 404: Not found”. Just clear browser cache and check URL (There is no “/UI” string in path anymore)
- When you using Autoinstall script - all your data will be saved (Because 4rd partition not formatted)
- **User / Password for login (WebGui, SSH, etc…) is root/mycloud or admin/mycloud
- For OMV: After install - go to Storage -> File systems -> Unmount /dev/sda4 and mount it again, then create “Shared folders” and setup other things (Samba, ftp, ssh etc…)
- For other questions - check this thread. I think all questions already answered.
- For donations: Just visit my website and use available methods… Or just click to advertisment