I have problem with subtitle Please help me

HI everyone

first of all I want to say sorry for my terrible english

I have samsung C650 tv and an WD My Cloud 4tb edition

when playing a movie with subtitle (in .srt format), the subtitle doesn’t play

I read previously topics some one said I resolved this problem with twonky server but I couldn’t solve this problem.

Please can someone help me.

and during writing solution, please could be clear. because I really don’t understand technology.

thanks for everyone for your help and kindness.

Welcome to the Community.

DLNA does not support external subtitle files. You will need to either access your WD My Cloud using Network Shares (If supported by your TV), or embed the subtitle files into the movies so they are “fused” into a single file using a 3rd party video editing or remuxing application.

lastcapture wrote: 

when playing a movie with subtitle (in .srt format), the subtitle doesn’t play

I read previously topics some one said I resolved this problem with twonky server but I couldn’t solve this problem.

The WD My Cloud Twonky DLNA server will play .srt subtitle files.

First, the .srt file has to contain the exact same name as the corresponding movie file. For example if your movie file is labeled “Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit.mp4” then the caption file must be labeled “Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit.srt”.  

Second, the .srt file must be properly formatted. In some cases the .srt files found online will be improperly formatted. Sometimes they may be missing a blank line (carriage return) at the very end. Or are not formatted properly, see  this link for a general idea on .srt formatting. 

Third, your TV or DLNA client playing the movie must support separate .srt files. In some cases one has to activate the captions within the player for them to show on screen.

I occasionally play movies with separate subtitles that are hosted on a WD My Cloud through my Roku using the Roku Media Player channel which is a DLNA client player.

Thank for help and kindness.

I want to ask a question; you said that DLNA does not support srt but when I streaming a movie with my pc via DLNA, tv play subtitle

during WD doesn’t support srt, how can my pc support srt int the same DLNA server.

or can it be possible my pc streaming movies by onother way. I think but my tv only support DLNA. it doesn’t support network sharing.

what do you think about for that

Thank you again for your helps

lastcapture wrote:

you said that DLNA does not support srt 

This is not true. I have movies with external subs on my WD that play fine on my Pana tv through dlna. But the video file and the subs file have to be in the same folder and have exactly the same name.

I am very glad for your promising answers

Firstly my tv samsung C650 and when a hdd attached to tv by USB tv plays all subtitle in srt format and it plays only, if movies and subtitle name is the same (like your mentioned)

so my all movies with external srt has same name with movies

Secondly I try all Twonky setting but I don’t find any setting for srt. and it doesn’t work. I activate twonky bu I couldn’t any other settings.

please can be explain clearly like first enter this setting then this… or can you attach picture about Twonky settings
because I fell my self like ■■■■■

Thank you again for helps and kindness

Can you sait your settings my movies and subtitle has the same name but it doesn’t play with subtitle.

but my tv samsung C650

There are no settings on the WDMC or Twonky for subtitles. In my case, when I play a movie on my TV through DLNA, I have to press the ‘OPTION’ button on the TV remote, go to subtitles and select it from there. I am not familiar with Samsung, but you should have a similar button to select for example different audio tracks, subtitles, etc.

Yes my tv has option button and there is setting setting about subtitle.

when movies playing from tv USB this setting become active but when I open movie from WDMC this options shown inactive. tv does not detect subtitle

What could be the problem

lastcapture wrote:

Firstly my tv samsung C650 and when a hdd attached to tv by USB tv plays all subtitle in srt format and it plays only, if movies and subtitle name is the same (like your mentioned)

The problem appears to be with the DLNA client within your Samsung C650 TV. If you do a Google search you will see that certain Samsung TV’s including the C650 apparently have trouble with among other things playing subtitles and SRT files when accessing the content through a DLNA server. The reason why the subtitles play fine when accessing through the USB is probably because the TV doesn’t use the DLNA client to access the USB media rather it uses some other method of accessing playing USB files.

Best suggestion is to contact Samsung directly or through their support forums to see if there is anything you can do or if there is an update for the TV that fixes the possible DLNA client issue that your TV is exhibiting.

Thanks everybody for trying to solve this problem.

The problem was solved yesterday

Especially there is no problem about subtitle streaming with DLNA.

DLNA streaming all subtitles.

But the problem is WDMC. for streaming subtitle WDMC needs to scan all data, the problem is occuring this phase. When datas (movies and pictures vs.) are small amount, WDMC is scanning all data very fast

Although my data nearly 3.6 tb and the scanning time is nearly 5 days. if restart WDMC, scanning data start from beginning.

I tried everything for solved this problem so during this time I was started WDMC over and over again and the scanning of data couldn’t finished.

when I give up for solution, WDMC finished scanning and the problem solved by it self.

So we need to wait for streaming subtitles.

I want to ask another question how can WDMC scan all data easily because when power off, it needs to scan all data again and it is not easly finished.

thank everybody again and sorry for my bad english

If the problem is due to the MyCloud creating thumbnails (‘scanning’), then these services can be disabled. See this thread:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Hidden-wdmc-directories-created-by-mcserver-and-photodbmerger/td-p/682091

Thanks for your help

but when I stop thumbnails scanning, Twonky service doesn’t streaming movies from DLNA

perhaps I didn’t make but when I disable thumbnails not only subtitles but olso movies don’t streaming by DLNA do you know the way during twonky and DLNA working, WDMC stops thumbnails.

thanks again for your answers and kindness