WD TV Live Firmware Update - Version 1.01.17[ New ]

The new firmware update for WDTV Live is now available at  http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_live.

1 Like

Does it seriously only address the way firmware is updated???  So, WD released a firmware update which had the sole purpose of updating how firmware updates update?

I think WD needs to get their priorities straight considering the multitude of issues with the WDTV Live.  For example, the ridiculous audio/video sync issues with mp4 files.

1 Like

I think this has decided my WDTV Live’s future. There won’t be one! It’s going back or up on Ebay! Case closed. The sync issues are unacceptable. 2 months since a real firmware upgrade and the 1.01.11 made things worse.

Extremely dissappointed!!!

ditchy1, if you find a replacement that works pls. post make and model here :smiley:

Where is the good news guys???

This update is for the tecnichals of WD isn’t??!!

My HD Live works flawlessly.

Plus if you read the release notes of the new firmware upgrade you’ll see multiple enhancements and fixes listed.

stogiebear wrote:

My HD Live works flawlessly.

Plus if you read the release notes of the new firmware upgrade you’ll see multiple enhancements and fixes listed.

Really,  where do you see that?  :angry:

Wildcat wrote:

Really,  where do you see that?  :angry:

http://support.wdc.com/download/notes/WDTV_Live_Release_Notes_1_01_17.pdf

Yeah I see it.  I see all the fixes from 1.01 and .17 fixes…well it fixes updating which would be much more impressive…if it actually updated something.

Perhaps this is a precursor to a real update coming soon.  In any event communication from WD would be much welcome.

1 Like

Beretta wrote:

Yeah I see it.  I see all the fixes from 1.01 and .17 fixes…well it fixes updating which would be much more impressive…if it actually updated something.

Perhaps this is a precursor to a real update coming soon.  In any event communication from WD would be much welcome.

Yes, 17 is the fix to the patch routine they tried to add last year.

This is apparently needed. Perhaps as you say because some big patches are coming, and they want to make sure that it goes without a problem and doesn’t blow up some peoples machines.

So next week, DVD menus! *g*

2 Likes

ckeegan wrote:

Does it seriously only address the way firmware is updated???  So, WD released a firmware update which had the sole purpose of updating how firmware updates update?

I think WD needs to get their priorities straight considering the multitude of issues with the WDTV Live.  For example, the ridiculous audio/video sync issues with mp4 files.

• *> i totally agree. whats up wd?> Version 1.01.17:
      Resolved Issues:
      • Improved the reliability of the WD TV Live firmware upgrade manager by incorporating a more robust method of upgrading firmware over the internet.
      > thats it? we have been waiting for the mp4 audio issue to be fixed. this is a media player. lets make sure it plays video formats that it says it will play on the box perfectly.> is that too much to ask? we are not asking for it to play some new media format that was not printed on the box.>

Be nice just to fix the codec issues. :slight_smile:   

Oh - and dont break anything else. ;) 

During my update from revision .12 to .17 the download got interrupted due to a local network issue. The WD TV Live gave a proper response to that and didn’t simply flash the device with the unfinished binary. Good work :slight_smile:

Well my wd hd live updated but i still have these probs.

1 . I cant login to my youtube account , it will reset the player.

2 . Im not able to see .srt subtitles that came with remuxed movies.

Pls someone have a fix for this ?

No blu-ray embeded subtitles support for the PGS format (Presentation Graphics Stream), and no support for “forced subtitles” for all media? Well I am not buying one until they fix this.

I have to admit that when I saw the firmware update this morning I was excited.  I had hoped WD resolved the network connectivity loss issues, shares showing up without registry hacks, ease of navigation, menu functionality, etc.  When I read the release notes for 1.01.17 I was stunned.  It was like getting a birthday card with no money in it; you open it slowly to make sure the check or cash does not fall out and realize there is nothing but a few sentences in it…turn it over, and back again and still nothing.  Is that it!!!  :stuck_out_tongue:

Regardless I am very happy with my WD TV Live and have authored a couple tutorials on YouTube regarding the shares and how to resolve that.  My family and I enjoy the functionality it offers now but it has a LONG way to go before it’s fully functional.

I have my 4TB media center hooked directly to the WD to resolve the network connectivity issues.  It takes about 12 minutes to send a full Blu-ray across the network but at least it does not take 13 minutes.  :wink:

/eagerly awaiting firmware update v1.2

Are you serious guys… I am so excited by seeing the Firmware update. After seeing release notes so much disappointed.

Where is the Mini DV AVI support?  Lots of people complaining here for this AVI as every other person might have used Mini DV camcorders in the past. We are not asking something compressed video codec here just plain Mini DV AVI ‘s which are not compressed at all. Which is pretty basic. Every other product is supporting these files.

Could you please give any road map about future releases? At least we know whether to invest time on this devise or move on to something else?:angry:

After I updated to this newest firmware from the stock 00 firmware I now click on a movie to watch and the sound plays but it stays on the menu…it has happend a few times now… this is with a USB hard drive attached…I was better off before the update I think…

Then there’s the minor issue of file management’s errantly erasing files.

I’m very happy with WDTV and I’ll keep mine, but I agree with you. Al least a roadmap of fixes for well known bug like Youtube resets and shares access without involving “Everybody”…