New Release - Firmware Version 2.07.17 for WD TV Live Hub (8/2/11)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Hub Media Player.  

Please post your experiences in this thread.  

Great thanks! :wink:

Updating now.  Seems to take quite a while…

Will let you know the experience feedback soon.

bthanos

Good shot WD!!!:smiley:  

Haven’t tested the stability yet, but I like what I see as far a fixes.

Shoutcast!!! :smiley:

Wow. Was just going thru the usual unable to play media reboot error and it caught the update within half hour of release. Now when the system restarts each time it goes thru phase 2/2 of the update and complains “Incomplete firmware upgrade…” Seems to work though

hmmm , will wait to see what the feedback is on this. 

And for those of us who don’t care about Facebook…any other changes.

Hopefully they have added more changes requested by users.

devzero wrote:
Wow. Was just going thru the usual unable to play media reboot error and it caught the update within half hour of release. Now when the system restarts each time it goes thru phase 2/2 of the update and complains “Incomplete firmware upgrade…” Seems to work though

Do NOT LEAVE it like that!    That is a bad sign of an incomplete update.  You need to correct that!

Yes! I was just going to try updating manually via USB drive. If that fails I will downgrade.

Upgrade completed,

All key functions seeming to work smoothly so far.

bthanos

My upgrade failed also.  I was not able to get 2/2 to complete with the USB drive, wireless, or factory reset.

I ended up connecting ethernet & setting the IP static & rebooting.  Upgrade now completed fully.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

First post here in the WD Community.

Internet “live” update proceeded smoothly and shows in system info as having been applied.

Happy to say that reboot on stopping a VIDEO_TS playback seems to have been fixed! :smileyvery-happy:

Very happy with that bug-fix (though it’s not noted in the release notes).  Was it just me having that issue?

Edit: 2011-08-11

My Bad.  Problem seems to still occur.  But didn’t occur with one particular VIDEO_TS I tested with.

Well i guess there is many undocumented fixes. So how about moviesheets or improvments for themes? can someone confirm such an updates?

Manual downgraded, update USB, said new firmware. Would reboot and ignore the drive repeating new firmware available over and over. Plugged network back in and let it update over net. Worked. Didn’t see it go thru the 2nd phase but its now content and so am I.

Can some of our contributors to this community confirm if this problem of ISO DVD playback issue is resolved in this release of Firmware Version 2.07.17. I got tired of newer firmware release ever since 2.04.13 and I do not want to go thru’ the firmware update cycle over and over again just to see if WD has corrected this issue.

I do not find anything in the release notes to indicate that they fixed the ISO DVD playback issue, But it could very well be undocumented. Some one Please confirm

Thanks! in Advance.

I see Hulu Plus is in this update?!? 

US only, I imagine…(am in Canada). :frowning:

Useless update imo. In fact not really important.

I’m always waiting for a French support of movies features and not only in English.

And also an update for the Network Gbits/s speed that is really a shame, for a Gbits one.

Thank you Western Digital for these 2 above.

Dear all, currently upgrading to 2.07.17 ( from 2.06.10 ) via wired link.

So far so good, but is taking a lot longer than usual ( especially 2/2 phase )

Will report back when done

There is the list of all fix.
http://support.wdc.com/download/notes/WDTV_LiveHub_ReleaseNotes%202_07_17.pdf

Hmm, Facebook, Facebook, Facebook and Facebook… I don’t use and not need Facebook!

Are there any Bugs that have been Fixed? Like the HDMI-Port-not-powerdown-bug or other important Stuff, because i really don’t care about Facebook or ■■■■ Services i can’t use in my Country…

I see (Czech, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian and Hungarian languages) was the French and German special Chars added also?

Well, hmm, seems to be only a Facebook update i don’t need, well i wait for the next… :wink:

Upgrade all done, and like I said took longer than usual, but was successful.

Checked video playback on AVI, MPG, MKV, MP4, and ISO - all good

Checked music playback and that’s good too.

TwonkyServer still at version 5.1.9, which is a shame as this would have been a good time to uplift to version 6

Don’t really use other features so can’t comment on the services side, except noticed that games now lists FUNSPOT as a menu item  - precursor for other Games providers.

Manual firmware upgrade completed successfully. I noticed the new Funspot game center with more games, but freeze the hub when exited.