New Firmware Release - Firmware Version 1.04.10_V for WD TV Live (11/22/10)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Media Player.  

Note:  The manual download should be available, soon.

9 Likes

edit: moved to right thread

disregard…I put this reply in the PLUS thread :slight_smile: but still having major problems :angry:

With an update only like 6 days after the last one I assume there is something important they need to fix.  I am still updating at the moment and the release notes haven’t been updated yet so I guess I will have to be patient.

Hope this is ok to post here. 2 updates in less than a week? And both with some awesome additions! I’m loving it. This is the best money I have spent!

1 Like

WOW. This new update completely destroyed network streaming. All of my movies worked fine using the last firmware but after upgrading to this one they all stutter and are completely unwatchable. Does anyone know where I can find the firmware version from before this newest one?

1 Like

2nd the motion!

My screen is like a powerpoint slide show:angry:

2 Likes

I’m surprised it’s not mentioned in the release notes, but at least for the LIVE+ (also not mentioned) the  Windows Live ID Assistant / Windows Live Essentials Bug is GONE!   :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well it is working fine for me. And I do some pretty odd things like pulling a live TV stream from a hdhomerun receiver.

I just played my whole suite of test files (and there are some brutal ones) …  they all played perfectly well.

As Always, if the upgrade doesn’t seem to have had the desired results go into SETUP and do a RESTORE TO FACTORY DEFAULTS.   

1 Like

I can confirm there is a major problem with network streaming using the new firmware. After downgrading to 1.03.49_V I have no problems streaming videos to my WD TV Live. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND to not download the new firmware if you use your WD TV Live for streaming. PLEASE FIX!

1 Like

Well, we were basically waiting for the HDMI to be fixed, now they can continue, this one adds:

• Supports Facebook application.
  • Supports Deezer application.
  • Supports Flingo application.
  • Supports AccuWeather application.
  • Supports USB keyboards.
1 Like

Hey Greeny

Where did you get the 1.03.49 firmware. I just tried to nab it from the site and its has been deleted it seems?!?

Signalsoldier wrote:

Hey Greeny

Where did you get the 1.03.49 firmware. I just tried to nab it from the site and its has been deleted it seems?!?

Perhaps he kept it, they always remove it when there is a new update.

1 Like

1.04.10 breaks Playon on my system. I could not browse the Playon channels. It was showing my machine video folder. Which is not showing as a media by it self.

1.03.49 breaks Playon Comedy central and other channels as well. It says the media format is not supported.

1.02.21 I just downgraded allows Comedy Centrl playback wihtout any problems.

Upgrading not recomended if using Playon

1 Like

Where the hell is Netflix. I dont care for Utube, Facebook or all the other ■■■■, I just bought two of these things before the plus came out. So what am I to do, buy two new ones? I don’t thinks so.

Yay, WD fixed smb in this release. I just had to restore to default settings then smb connections worked again. Thanks!

1 Like

muz10 wrote:

Where the hell is Netflix. I dont care for Utube, Facebook or all the other ■■■■, I just bought two of these things before the plus came out. So what am I to do, buy two new ones? I don’t thinks so.

Dude.  Do NOT resurrect that dead horse.   NETFLIX FOR THE LIVE IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Updated and there is no problem as far as I can tell.  All applications work well.   It is time for someone to hack in a browser now that there is wireless keyboard support.  Although my wireless mouse dosen’t work.

Confirmed

Playon is broken by this update…

In fact I now have no channels AT ALL just a Video Folder from Playon.

TVersity still shows up fine,

It seems they started breaking Playon with the last version and almost finished with this one…:frowning:

1 Like