New Release - Firmware Version 1.05.04_V for the WD TV Live (5/12/11)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Media Player.  

Please post your experiences to this thread.

6 Likes

Well… both USB drives show up properly this time, after the update… that’s a good sign. :wink:  And my Media Server is back working… don’t know whether that was a FW problem or a Microsoft problem.

I’ll start putting it through its paces once the RGlet goes to bed.

Nervous at first but everything seems to be working…

Thanks WD team , every thing goes will especially picture quality , one strange thing the option bar in the top when it’s on , the information text goes to the left side of the line , anyway i can live with that , thanks again.

1 Like

Sweet! Thanks WD team… I’ll wait and see what the consensus is first… But I have faith that it’s going to be a good update… **fingers crossed**… if it is then I’ll be buying some larger wd drives really soon…

I couldn’t wait… Updated and everything seems fine…

I noticed a small issue on my secondary wdtv live, it was set to normal 4:3 aspect and after update the files on my network share werent displaying correctly (people appeared tall and skinny). Files on USB drives were displaying correctly. I did a factory reset and it fixed the issue…

So far so good… Nothing seems broken… Thanks WD…!!!

When I first installed the firmware and played a XVID .avi file, the progress bar would stay on the screen and my remote and wireless usb keyboard would not control the device. Only pulling the power allowed control again until I played another .avi. I did not see this behavoir with x264 encoded .mkv files.

A hard reset seems to have fixed this behaviour. As always, do a hard reset after every FW upgrade. Otherwise everything else seems to be working just fine. Brightness bug is fixed.

.dp

Thanks for the new firmware Wd team.Lets see if the flac files working properly in this firmware.

1 Like

Is this new firmware available via the internal updater?

There is a bug with 1080i mkv videos. The video is all displayed in pink no matter the resolution or refresh rate setup.

The same files (1080i) run properly with Version 1.04.31_V

Disappointed again.

When I try to change the audio channels or subtitles, the information text goes to the left.

Congratulations WD, “great work” !!!

3 Likes

The bug in 1.04.31 is fixed now but again i cant get 96/192 khz with flacs.I have the wd live with hdmi in a sony receiver str dh 800.Is a bug of the receiver or still we cant support it?

1 Like

WD have ignored us again.

No 96/48khz  downsampling fix in latest firmware.

Maybe it is in our sony receivers or the wd doesnt support it?

1 Like

The text goes to the left on the info bar.  When changing audio and subtitles in MKVs. It doesnt work with a mkv with multiple subtitles.  Well it works but it doesnt show you what subtitles you have selected anymore.  Audio does the same.  Please fix.  Also put it back in the center so we dont have to look all over the screen.  Since the Info bar is in the center.

Also if you scroll to the right with the remote its rapid now instead of 1 position over.  Scrolling to the left has the same effect.  This needs to be fixed too.

5 Likes

I dont know what the Wd team does again.They fix 2 bugs and they make more bugs than before.Please dont focus to facebook or these useless functions.The wd live is a media player nothing more.So focus to the quality of the picture,of the flacs files,of the mp3s etc.We dont need internet functions.We have the pc for this.

4 Likes

To     WDBill_s

When will you be able to fix the downsampling audio issue.

I had high hopes that this firmware release would do it, but it hasnt.

1 Like

George19855 wrote:

I dont know what the Wd team does again.They fix 2 bugs and they make more bugs than before.Please dont focus to facebook or these useless functions.The wd live is a media player nothing more.So focus to the quality of the picture,of the flacs files,of the mp3s etc.We dont need internet functions.We have the pc for this.

That’s it! Please kick out all these internet functions. We paid for a media player. And we want a working one!

3 Likes

From my point of view, many efforts are being invested to improve internet connectivity. However there are many users who only need a good Full HD player with the highest quality reproduction, best sound and color accuracy, and apparently nobody listen to us.

It may be time to divide the product into two lines, one with full capabilities for internet and one without them.

Personally don’t care about facebook, YouTube,… but I respect it.

I just want a good media player that plays according the specs.

Thanks.

4 Likes

I don’t understand how these new problems creep into these firmware version updates.

Especially to functionality not affected by the changes listed in the release notes…

Surely WD also test the player’s basic functionality before releasing a new firmware version

(To make sure nothing has been accidentally broken by it).

I don’t see how the new problems with the infobar slipped through their testing.

Maybe WD should release another firmware version just fixing the problems reported in this forum added by this version.

That would certainly make me happier !

1 Like