New Firmware Release - Firmware Version 1.04.10_V for WD TV Live (11/22/10)

Accuweather won’t let me select anywhere in Canada, not even Toronto.  (unless that’s an ID10T issue)

My Net Shares still haven’t disappeared.

Not found any playback issues yet.

It appears the last time I updated my FB status was Dec. 2009 :smileyvery-happy:

(But I am only connected stereo and composite, so I’m immune from HDMI and Toslink problems)

I got fredericton New Brunswick from it.  You just need to spell out the whole name of the city

“Toronto” would only give me Toronto KS, Toronto OH, and Toronto SD… lemme go try again…

EDIT:  Ok, it must have been an ID10T problem… I found me on the third try :stuck_out_tongue:

Vancouver BC isn’t selectable either. Closest i can get is Blaine WA (just across the border)

The thumbnails now have a little black folder icon in the centre of the thumbnail. it used to be on the bottom right

it looks terrible

kojigushi wrote:

1.04.10 breaks Playon on my system. I could not browse the Playon channels. It was showing my machine video folder. Which is not showing as a media by it self.

1.03.49 breaks Playon Comedy central and other channels as well. It says the media format is not supported.

1.02.21 I just downgraded allows Comedy Centrl playback wihtout any problems.

Upgrading not recomended if using Playon

Yes indeed, PlayOn is now completely broken. Major disappointment, as I use PlayOn to view NetFlix streaming.

1 Like

Huh. I can’t find any big cities in Canada!

But can you find Fredericton?  We rock

Yeah, they appear to be unifying code base with the HUB. PlayOn is broken there, too. All my OTHER Dlna servers are working, so I wonder if the issue is at PlayOns end?

All of my Playon channels still show up in WMC 7 with Tubecore however my trial license is expired so I don’t kinow if they play :frowning:

Couple tips that worked for me after upgrading:

Re- Streaming Issues:   … Unplug the box for a minute then plug it in again.  This cleared all my audio problems when streaming from Mediafly.

Weather in Canada:   Type in the FULL NAME of the city.   WEST VANCOUVER worked for me.  And try a USB Keyboard!  It also worked for me.

Does this firmware update now include support for USB Hubs? (powered ones at least?)

Interestingly, this is the first firmware (beta or stable) I’ve installed on this device that did not require resetting and re-entering the credentials for my NAS after the upgrade - or, worse, a full reset.

I did note that the 1.03.49_V firmware would default back to 720p after the unit had been powered down for a few hours.  I really hope that this is fixed in this firmware, because having to reset to 1080p pretty much every time the unit was powered up was getting old.

Yet another botched release.

Networking was affected big time, when I try to access Network shares it takes two or three times to finally see the folders. Very slow start of the videos compared with a week ago.

The main issue for me is that I JUST PURCHASED a new WDTV and paid for Playon… worked about one hour until I made the mistake to upgrade now Playon is DEAD , network shares are a pain to browse.

Thanks WD… nice job. I will return the **bleep** thing back to Canada Computers pay the 15% restocking and save towards Boxee.

Keep up the good work !!!

1 Like

Just as an aside… I returned a WDTV Hub last week  and installed Boxee on an HTPC I have.   Works REALLY WELL, but you need to spend a lot of time setting it up properly.  Very much aimed at the enthusiast at the moment.

i.e. My WIFE loves the WDTV Live.  She isn’t ready for the Boxee Box yet.  (Never will be)   Just make sure you understand what you are getting yourself into… 

I still love my WDTV Live tho… for all the complaints around here you still have to admit that for $100 it is freaking amazing.

Since upgrading to 1.04, sound off AVI files is way too load and screaches.

muz10 wrote:

Where the hell is Netflix. I dont care for Utube, Facebook or all the other ■■■■, I just bought two of these things before the plus came out. So what am I to do, buy two new ones? I don’t thinks so.

As you said, you bought two of them.  You must have liked something about them.

Here’s a lesson about technology, if you haven’t already learned it - any tech piece you buy is obsolete the moment you pay for it.

Yeah Vancouver guy… amazing but I would say IT WAS amazing for $100 nowdays you can get the Patriot box for almost half of that and it works just as good.

WD has to learn to test the releases before they make us test for them.

casm23 wrote:

Interestingly, this is the first firmware (beta or stable) I’ve installed on this device that did not require resetting and re-entering the credentials for my NAS after the upgrade - or, worse, a full reset.

I did note that the 1.03.49_V firmware would default back to 720p after the unit had been powered down for a few hours.  I really hope that this is fixed in this firmware, because having to reset to 1080p pretty much every time the unit was powered up was getting old.

I have the same issue with 1.03.49_V where the unit defaults back to 720p after losing power for a few hours. This is quite annoying since I control the WD Live power through my sound system. It would be great if they could fix the color space issues at 24Hz as well. These 2 issues alone have made me downgrade to V1.02.21.

Does anyone know if the WD developers monitor these forums for problems? I sure hope so since there is a wealth of information they could gather with only a bit of reading…

still waiting for the download on the WD website…cmon WD…

nvm i think i found it…

http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/wdtvlive_1.04.10_V.zip

1 Like

3_49 broke MKV’s for me. All the ones that used to play now do not.

I can also reconfirm that playon is broken

Otherwise, I am having no networking problems or playback issues

1 Like