New Firmware Release - WD TV Live Firmware Version 1.03.49_V (11/16/10)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Media Player.  

4 Likes

Version 1.03.49_V:   

Resolved Issues: 

•  Resolved HDMI negotiation issue found in previous firmware release.  

•  Resolved HDMI auto resolution selection issue. 

•  Resolved HDMI Video Output - 24Hz and 50Hz modes not working. 

•  Resolved HDMI screen flicker issue.  

•  Resolved playback issues related to mkvmerge. 

•  Improved thumbnail caching.  

•  Resolved MP4 problems with seeking and audio stopping. 

•  Resolved MP4 poor frame-rate and audio out of sync. 

•  Resolved File Share group name – No longer requires all group names to be the same. (Reset 

to factory defaults required) 

•  Resolved various user interface translation issues. 

•  Added Mediafly application. 

•  Added DVD Navigation support. 

•  Added .MOV chapter support. 

•  Added wireless adaptor support for ASUS USB-N13. 

•  Added security when mounting a network share on password protected local drives. 

•  Resolved aspect ratio issues. 

•  Resolved subtitle encoding for Big 5. 

•  Resolved resume remembering previous audio selection. 

•  Resolved IDX +_SUB positioning issue causing video freeze. 

•  Resolved PGS subtitle becoming frozen while using the delay function. 

•  Resolved Network share intermittent detection issue. 

•  Resolved undetectable 4TB My Book. 

•  Resolved large capacity video file (.ts) unable to play issue. 

•  Resolved DVR-MS video stops when fast forward at 6x. 

•  Resolved Buffalo G300N not enumerating. 

1 Like

Just installed this as my WD TV live displayed a message to install new firmware.  It was nice to see a new final version after so many betas.  So far the only problem I’ve found which I did not experience before was that now I am unable to choose 12 bit colour depth on HDMI output.  If I select 12 bit and confirm OK to change, it still shows 8 bit…

Just installed this as my WD TV live displayed a message to install new firmware.  It was nice to see a new final version after so many betas.  So far the only problem I’ve found which I did not experience before was that now I am unable to choose 12 bit colour depth on HDMI output.  If I select 12 bit and confirm OK to change, it still shows 8 bit…

Does your TV actually support 12 bit and why do you want to use it? I believe that you could select on previous firmware because it was not actually doing anything.

Not only are all available video files only 8-bit colour, the Sigma brochures only show 8-bit _ into _ the chip, so even if you managed to create 10- or 12-bit colour files, I don’t see the Sigma ingesting them.

The device is required to offer 12-bit output, for HDMI compliance, but with no 12-bit colour to watch, there’s no reason to select it – the image would be identical in 8-bit as it would in 12-bit… you aren’t getting a “better” picture.  Just like a 16-colour picture won’t look any better displayed in 24-bit – you’re still only getting 16 colours, regardless of the colour depth of the display.

If your display doesn’t support 12-bit, then it presumably will tell the WDTV that during the handshaking, and the WD will reset to 8-bit.

Thank you, Bill and the rest of the team!

Problem: You can ADD a Mediafly mcode (like “twit”) and have a feed added to the Mediafly dashboard, but there doesn’t appear to be a way to REMOVE it again. (This has to be done on the device, it can’t be done via the Mediafly website)

Awesome …Finally …!! Thank you …Downloading now…!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bad Job --Very BAD Firmware…Device became really unstable …

1st - Transition Effects not Workin

Power cycled it…

2nd-Now none of the Videos …play on the Device …no mp4 no avi nothing

Firmware was totally Useless…

“Btw i had Resetted my Device after the Update as reccommended” …

Rolling Back to 1.02.21

Dissapointing … :frowning:

Installing now, finally a none beta release.  I wish they would fix the auto login first attempt not working issue and allow support to play .rar files like VLC and other media players do though!

Update: Everything seems to be working except for the “Auto Login First Attempt Issue”.

Thanks!

Installed without any problems several hours ago.

Been testing since, and all seems to be working :smiley:

Ayhan

Why STILL no USB hub support for extra drives ?? this is very limited without it since I don’t do network.

1 Like

mp4 works ok and other formats

Format                           : MPEG-4
Format profile                   : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID                         : mp42

if already update the firmware 1.03.49_V beta the WDTV live dont find the new firmware 1.03.49_V official release

anyway i change wdtvlive.ver to VERSION=‘1.03.50_V’ to update.

finally works all works ok like beta but the slow menu navigation is stay.

Can’t access PlayOn since the firmware update.  Get a message “There was a problem connecting to the network”.  However, it sees my NAS and can access that.  Seems to be just a problem with PlayOn.

I know the Version numbers are the same, but is there any difference between the beta and the official?

I think they just made the latest Beta to become the new official firmware.

I honestly do not really understand this.

I Installed the 1.03.49_V, and after some minutes I changed back to the previous version!

They have taken away (or forget it) all the options!! :frowning:

Now I have DVD menu (I have only DVD iso files without menu, so I can just jump now from chapter to chapter, what is fine).

But I don’t have the possibility anymore to adjust (resize +/-)  the move to the TV-screen, what is, at least for me, very important!

I have a large Panasonic Plasma, and I don’t like to watch the movies with 10cm black screen over and under the movie itself (I mostly change the + 1.1).

This feature was also missing in all the betas, and this was the reason for me always to change back to the official firmware.

I’m from Germany, and I don’t know about movie formats in the US for example, but if I watch a DVD (or iso of it) here in Germany, we have huge black stripes over and under the movie, so I always adjust that a little bit (appr. x1,1).

So PLEASE WD, add this feature again to the final firmware!

Like this the new firmware is useless, and it’s much better still to use the previous version.

Thanks!

1 Like

Btw Bill, could you mention which device it is for much sooner in the subject? I can’t see what it is unless I open the threads :slight_smile:

Two bad things:

1. Some movies which played smooth in FW 1.02.21, now presents some ‘lags’. Not sure what happened, but I tried to reset to factory settings, nothing worked. When I downgrade to 1.02.21, same movie, same HD, plays fine and smooth again.

2. Wireless internet connection: I have a TP-LINK TL-WN821N wireless adapter. Bought it when my firmware was 1.02.21 and everything worked fine. After upgrading (even since the 1.03.* betas) it started to present a strange behavior, since it was not capable of automatic connecting to my wireless network. Nothing, absolutely nothing changed in my router configuration, network configuration, etc. It only start to work if I go to Network Setup and follow the whole script of configuring the network as if it would be the first time.

I am downgrading do 1.02.21 and expect WD to fix these severe bugs.

Thank you.

Please help me!  I’ve owned this device since the day it launched in stores.  I’ve never had a problem playing any movies.  I have mainly .mkv files with DTS audio.  My Sony DA5300ES receiver decodes DTS.  I’ve watched hundreds of movies in this format using the WDTV live and never had a problem UNTIL TODAY.  I turned on my player to watch a movie with my family and I received the “new firmware available” message.  Like always, I accepted it , downloaded, installed, etc.  Now, no matter what MKV file I select, if it has DTS audio, it will not play.  Only dolby or 2 channel or AAC or mpeg audio will play.  I’ve tried resetting the WDTV, unplugging it, etc.  Nothing has changed with my hardware at all and I am an audiophile!  The new firmware has rendered anything with DTS audio useless.  In addition, I have to select “network” several times before it will actually connect to my network.  Then, after showing the devices on the network, I have to connect, back out, connect, back out, and then connect 3 or 4 times before it will actually connect to any network device.

None of these problems existed on the previous 102.21 firmware I was on forever.  Does anybody know what changed to cause these issues?  Is it possible for me to reflash my box back to 102.21 firmware?  If so, where can I find it?

Thank you!

I get the error “This network share can not be accessed” when trying to connect to my linux smb server. I did a factory reset and still have the same error.

Are they going to break samba on every release? I had to add an option to my smb config after the last official firmware update and now its broken again with this one. Very frustrating.