WDTV Live Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 1.03.43_V (10/19/10)

Attention WD TV Live Users,

Thanks for being patient with us.  Once again we are offering a  Limited Public Beta for the WD TV Live product.  In this beta release, we are still trying to correct the HDMI issues that are currently being experienced by some of our users.  We are limiting this to the first few hundred people who download it.  Feel free to install it, but be aware this is beta firmware that we are still testing, so use it at your own risk.

Also, don’t start new threads with this release.  Please let us know here in this thread how it goes.  That way we can track your experience more effectively.

Limited Public Beta for the WD TV Live

http://wdc.com/wdtvlive_limitedpublicbetarelease/    

5 Likes

As i see WD Live works fine ! 

HDMI for sony bravia was automaticly found best picture ! Fixed

Network share works great without dissconect ! 

Everything is fine ! 

just problem with AAC/Digital sound still must remux and convert to AC3 ! 

Is it posible that mp4 and mkv works like works in 1.02.21 stable ? 

I watch movie with aac/digital fine in stable but now doesnt have sound ! 

All files is readble but some mp4 doesnt have sound with aac digital ! 

Im onboard, I was running Beta 1.03.42 and was happy with the updates in that sooooo.

I’ll see, and you’ll hear.

oceansoul wrote:

As i see WD Live works fine ! 

HDMI for sony bravia was automaticly found best picture ! Fixed

Network share works great without dissconect ! 

Everything is fine ! 

just problem with AAC/Digital sound still must remux and convert to AC3 ! 

Is it posible that mp4 and mkv works like works in 1.02.21 stable ? 

I watch movie with aac/digital fine in stable but now doesnt have sound ! 

All files is readble but some mp4 doesnt have sound with aac digital ! > * * *

Did you have HDMI problems with the previous betas?

Workin fine but somehow when is set to automatic i get 720p now with this one i get maximum 1080i TV cant more ! 

Only problem with AAC/Digital like i posted ! [Some movies mkv worked on stable] but mp4 doesnt readable some files now is readble but with aac/digital files doesnt have sound must use software to change some mp4 to mkv and convert to DTS and ac3 ! 

If is posible to fix aac/digital that will be great ! 

Also in 1.02.21 and all betas its not posible to see folder .jpg picture in thumbaline view like we have in 1.01.xx ! 

Well, my unit said it was updateing and then went to a black screen - then rebooted and then nothing… its been over 10 min.      I think my unit is now bricked…    woooooo… :(     anyway to get me back to last ver or factory?    

GzeroT wrote:

Well, my unit said it was updateing and then went to a black screen - then rebooted and then nothing… its been over 10 min.      I think my unit is now bricked…    woooooo… :(     anyway to get me back to last ver or factory?    

Can you try connecting your WDTV to your TV via composite video instead of HDMI?

Ok, I had to dig and I mean dig and find those cables.   I found the composite cables hooked them up to the tv.   (its hard because of the setup that I have…

But I got a picture when i hooked them up.   I tried to change to HDMI out and defaults and then rebooted and still nothing, No picture on HDMI.   SO went back to composite.   I am going to roll back to old ver.

Gregg

Gzerot

GzeroT wrote:

Ok, I had to dig and I mean dig and find those cables.   I found the composite cables hooked them up to the tv.   (its hard because of the setup that I have…

But I got a picture when i hooked them up.   I tried to change to HDMI out and defaults and then rebooted and still nothing, No picture on HDMI.   SO went back to composite.   I am going to roll back to old ver.

Gregg

Gzerot

Can you tell me what model TV you’re using?

Sony KDL-40v2500 LCD

Everything goes through my Denon 3808 reciever

Thank you for your help.   I know the TV is a little old now, its a 1080p, - It works for me right now, till i get a bigger better tv. sometime in the next year or so.    

GzeroT

Gregg

Ok… apparently everything works fine… but… I notice something that I don’t like…

I have a sony bravia LCD 40" KLV-40BX400; with the oficial 1.02.21 and even with 1.03.42 when I turn off the WDTV, after a few seconds my TV displays no signal at the bottom of the screen, but with this firmware after turning off the unit, the screen just go black, and no message appears, also when I press display on the remote of the TV on the information bar appears 1080p just like the WD were turned on, something that doesn’t happens with the previous firmwares, it’s like the WD were sending some signal to the TV.

By the way, I have a WDTV Live box.

I forgot to say something about the audio output option in setting menu with this firmware:

with previous firmware when you choose digital option, uncompressed audio is sent through optical audio out and HDMI at the same time to conect the device to an A/V decoder with dolby digital and DTS.

I noticed that this firmware is downmixing dolby digital bitstreams over HDMI to stereo, and this is wrong, because newer A/V receivers has the ability to conect a device by HDMI to decode dolby digital and DTS bitstreams, so if you have one of those you will only hear STEREO!!

WD please fix this because i have one of those receivers!!!

I get a No content available error when trying to access youtube.

Doesnt matter which icon i choose, Most viewed, top rated etc. they all return the error.

I can log in to my account, but again i receive the No content available error.

Flickr, live365 and mediafly all work (the mediafly bug where nothing displays on you 1st try still remains)

GzeroT wrote:

Gregg

Gzerot

did you press the “Reset” button for 1 sec and plug the hdmi cables back in?

WDTV Live Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 1.03.43_V (10/19/10)

File: C:\wdtvlive.bin
Size: 53526576 bytes
Modified: Mon, 18 Oct 2010, 9:24:14 am
MD5: B6382878EC41962C1FAAD6191B22E187
SHA1: 3CEEF11CDC31265C2C6EF4223634EA72E633CF3E
CRC32: 00AED9B3

File: C:\wdtvlive.fff
Size: 6585344 bytes
Modified: Mon, 18 Oct 2010, 9:23:56 am
MD5: 2907078ECD6B3A0699E226852D636186
SHA1: 1BCA46CFA7D38569BD1287562B812C549F03DF62
CRC32: B567F562

File: C:\wdtvlive.ver
Size: 72 bytes
Modified: Mon, 18 Oct 2010, 9:23:52 am
MD5: 4A9C7A72D59E69447379C03CA64B9944
SHA1: FD9F02DD2A29846A45A64C0A29B83C81C4A9C467
CRC32: 4972F3BC

shavanni wrote:

I get a No content available error when trying to access youtube.

Doesnt matter which icon i choose, Most viewed, top rated etc. they all return the error.

I can log in to my account, but again i receive the No content available error.

Flickr, live365 and mediafly all work (the mediafly bug where nothing displays on you 1st try still remains)

i have no problems with youtube…working normally for me…

FuGGer wrote:
i have no problems with youtube…working normally for me…

i did a search on these forums. apparantly it has affected other users after other firmware upgrades.

I powered down the unit, then after powering up i did a hard reset for a 2nd time (the 1st was after the upgrade). After these two steps, youtube was up and running again

Yes,  I did attempt to click on reset button for 1 second, and also 5 seconds… Still nothing worked.    I was able to find, the plug cables for composite, and when the HDMI cable was plugged in.   Rebooted the Device and was able to see the WD Splash screen - with 1080p, and then went to a black screen.

I did down grade to Ver that was said, to downgrade too, and I may got back to ver .33 which had ISO support first.    I guess this why the a final Upgrade firmware isnt out yet.   

I would really like to see a new UI, like with the new WD TV HUB.   

bill_s wrote:

Thanks for being patient with us.  Once again we are offering a  Limited Public Beta for the WD TV Live product.  In this beta release, we are still trying to correct the HDMI issues that are currently being experienced by some of our users. 

Does this have any fixes for the hdmi audio problems? (no ac3 bitstream on hdmi connector  - will only go on the optical connector)?

It’s too time consuming having to put in my wireless password for every release to waste time if this isn’t fixed.