WD TV Live Firmware Version 1.03.35 Limited Public Beta (7/14/10)

Attention WD TV Live Users,

We are pleased to offer limited public beta WD TV product updates to make your viewing experience better than ever.  We are limiting this to the first few hundred people who download it.  Feel free to install it, but be aware this is beta firmware that we are still testing, so use it at your own risk.

Please post your experiences to this thread.  Do not contact customer support for issues found with this firmware.

WD TV Live Firmware Limited Public Beta Release:  http://www.wdc.com/wdtvlive_limitedpublicbetarelease/ 

Important Update: Limited Public Beta is no longer available.  The Beta page will stay up for those that need to roll back to the previous firmware version.

4 Likes

Not there yet!! 

Nothing…

Still file not found…

They need to completely renew the page as it is still pointing to the old pre-release. I’ve been informed that its coming soon.

Bill_S, please change the title to this pre-release thread to 1.03.35, since this is the way it will be described on the page and the release notes.  Thanks.

Thanks, jackster.  Page will be available shortly.  We had to make some changes.

1 Like

Wow!  That was quick.  Thanks. :smiley:

It’s amazing what I can do when I put my mind to it.

Well, I’m sure everyone else thinks the same way about you!

Not so much new:

Resolved MP4 problems with seeking and audio stopping.
Resolved MP4 poor frame-rate and audio out of sync.
Resolved File Share group name – No longer requires all group names to be the same. (Reset
to factory defaults required)
Resolved various user interface translation issues.

The release is active.

I checked the page and i do not see it is being updated.

No link to download and page release notes are still pointing to 1.3.22

zahni wrote:

Not so much new:

Resolved File Share group name – No longer requires all group names to be the same. (Reset

If they’ve resolved MP4 playback issues, that is a HUGE improvement.

Most of my HD movies are MKV now but I still have a couple of MP4 test files that exhibit sync issues.  

Will try this release out ASAP.

mixon wrote:

I checked the page and i do not see it is being updated.

No link to download and page release notes are still pointing to 1.3.22

It’s a new page and it has a new link.  I, too, was refreshing the default old beta link for a while.  ;)

Try here:

http://www.wdc.com/wdtvlive_limitedpublicbetarelease/

zahni wrote:

Not so much new:

Be careful with your download, it is slightly different to the official download.

The current rollback to 1.02.21 on the pre-release page is the version for the last pre-release (1.03.22) and will not rollback this new pre-relaese firmware without editing the version number in the ver file. It needs to be 1.03.36 or above.

No doubt this will be corrected very soon by WD but bear in mind if you have trouble rolling back.

When I downloaded this as the page first became available, the filename was: wdtvlive_1.03.35_V.zip

Clicking the download link again now, it’s downloading as:  wdtvlive_1.03.35.zip

What is the difference between the ‘V’ version and the version now available for download?

Yeah the list of fixed things is unimpressive for the time frame between both beta releases.

There are number of problems which need to be fixed.

I noticed that when I turn the unit off it turns back on by itself.

The h.242 video crashes the box and it restarts. 

basically when I am navigating through the video collection in the folder with preview enabled, once i reach h.242 the screen goes black and seems like HDMI loses connection and re-connects.

The video/audio settings do not hold HDMI setting, every time i check it falls back to Component PAL instead of HDMI setting i choose.

These issues should have been fixed and be part of the release notes.

I am not saying they are not fixed as I have not tested the release yet but looks disappointing on the part of the release notes.

Not fixed (major for me)

• AC3 2.0 tracks on my DVB .TS files  still decoded as PCM over digital output.

The player is stil unable to detect a later switch to 5.1 on that track.

Why is it so difficult to leave the AC3-Track untouched if audio mode “digtial” selected ?

If a track is Ac3 (2.0 or 5.1), simply give AC3 to “digital” optical output.

After a  quick  “zap” over some .TS files, playback stop working (black screen). Menu is still working. Player must be  reset with the power cord.

- Still did not play a DVD ISO Backup of Star Trek XI  (only the langauge slection Menu and the trailers). The Main Menu is missing an play back will stop.

BTW: HDMI working fine here with my Panasonic Plasma.

But, of a german Board someone wrote, the resolution 1080p23,976 does not work. He say, the output is still in 1080p50

1 Like

Hi to All.

I have 2 problems with 1.03.35 in my CRT TV Monitor :cry:

1 -  very slow navigation

2 - RGB Color Space  is missing in Audio/Video Settings. This causes wrong colors in WD TV LIVE menus,

With this new release I found PAL and NTSC color spaces… but no more RGB and YUV… why?

An image with an example to show you what i see:

http://intuitiveleap.org/sitebuilder/images/gradient_bar_2_darker-883x288.png

There are nomore linear blue gradients…