New Firmware Release - Firmware Version 1.04.10_V for WD TV Live (11/22/10)

Ok, so this new firmware brings new menu organization like youtube and other stuff now is inside internet media icon… I asked for something like that and I guess WD heard my pray… he he he…

there is new internet icons, like facebook, this is awesome!.

This are the bugs I found with this new firmware:

1. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO HAS A LCD TV WITH DOLBY DIGITAL DECODER BUILT-IN SO I WHEN TO HIS HOUSE AND MADE SOME TEST AND I FOUND THIS: WDTV Live is not sending digital audio over HDMI but only silence if the video format contains dolby digital 5.1 or dts 5.1. Also When playing DVD ISOs audio is downmixed to stereo over HDMI, no mather if it’s dolby digital 5.1 or DTS 5.1. All of this happens if DIGITAL  is chosen in audio/video setting

2. When browsing pictures they don’t look completely sharp, they look jagged

I’ll keep testing to find more bugs…

1 Like

After the update, my device no longer recognises any usb storage devices.

Any ideas???

Why do they keep adding new ■■■■ and completely ignore what is broken, samba.

This one is even worse than the last, I can not connect to any samba share on any computer or NAS. Its back to v1.02.21.

P.S.  It would be nice if you did not have to install the firmware updates sequentially. The next update will require 3 installs before I can see if they bothered to fix samba. This is getting to be a joke.

Nope, I still have accessing problem with my samba server. But something has been changed since 1.03.39. Now I only see - The network share can not be accessed. Previously it couldn’t find any media. And as I stated before - everything works with the 1.02.21! After upgrade I reseted to factory defaults, then cleared login info, changed auto login to off. Then navigated to music ->network share and entered credentials → This network share cannot be accessed. And no I do not have any anonymous access to my samba server WD PLEASE MAKE A STATEMENT ABOUT SUPPORTED SAMBA SERVER VERSIONS! OR SUGGEST A WORKAROUND! p.s they didn’t say anything about fixed samba bugs in the info but they definitely changed something in that area. So I assume they just don’t want to accept the problem and make it public

1 Like

1.04.10_V broke my WDTV Live streaming also.

I stream mp4 's and AVIs frequently from a windows share.

so I’m downgrading. Downside of previous upgrade was that windows shares took FOREVER to appear on network drives…

that was fixed in 1.04.10_V - but streaming being broken is a dealbreaker for obvious reasons.

Btw - the link to previous firmware (somebody was asking) is http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/wdtvlive_1.03.49_V.zip

It seems as though my streaming issues (using Samba via a Mac) are isolated to .avi files. All of my .mkv and .mp4 files seem to work correctly but my .avi files are like a powerpoint presentation (stuttering and slideshow-like). Please WD fix this ASAP! I didn’t spend money on this device for you to make it unusable with every new update.

my mistake, no longer recognises powered usb storage devices

Received the update and all went fine…

However although I love the new Accuweather add on, how about thinking of us Australian people…

I type in my local town and get all USA matching towns, same goes for Melbourne Australia, Sydney Australia etc etc etc…

The world does not stop at the edge of the water, and yes, you guys have sold many units down here in Australia.

Any chance of including other countries like Australia in Accuweather?

Also, the Facebook add on keeps asking me to setup my Network Connection when logging in. Yet it’s all setup.

Strange hey.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Cheers.

:cry: Some MKV with DTS Played without DTS Sound!?

Did WD Tested before release all of firmware!?

ok upgrade went smoothly. tested the new f/w for about an hour or so…

my setup as always:

Wireless N streaming to WD TV Live via WRT610n from Win7 PC and USB attached 2 TB WD Essential drive.

WD TV Live connected via HDMI to Panasonic Plasma

• login to Network Shares = No Problem

• USB keyboard works…tested with spare A4Tech el cheapo keyboard

• WD TV Live Does NOT Crash anymore when navigating large video collections (900+ ) in thumbnail mode. TY WD!

• AccuWeather works nicely. Found my city…just had to type it all in…

• Deezer is great. Thanks.

• Flingo. Navigation can be improved ie. Right Arrow button to move from the fourth video (1st row) to the fifth video (2nd row). Navigation seems sluggish at times too…

Problems?

• Videos (Wireless N Network Share Streaming) seem to take longer to start playing from previous f/ws. Also takes much longer to continue playing when you Fast Forward 1 hr into a 2 hr movie. Tested for mkv & mp4.

• m2ts HD Demo video that used to stream/play properly now starts playing the video first for 5 secs and only then does the audio kick in…

_General
ID                               : 1
Complete name                    : Bouncy Balls.m2ts
Format                           : BDAV
Format/Info                      : Blu-ray Video
File size                        : 160 MiB
Duration                         : 2mn 30s
Overall bit rate                 : 8 941 Kbps
Maximum Overall bit rate         : 35.5 Mbps

Video
ID                               : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID                          : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 3 frames
Codec ID                         : 27
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Bit rate                         : 8 237 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                 : 24.0 Mbps
Width                            : 1 920 pixels
Height                           : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate                       : 25.000 fps
Color space                      : YUV
Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
Bit depth                        : 8 bits
Scan type                        : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.159
Stream size                      : 149 MiB (93%)
Writing library                  : x264 core 61
Encoding settings                : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=6 / psy_rd=1.000000 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=8237 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq=‘blurCplx^(1-qComp)’ / qcomp=1.00 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=24000 / vbv_bufsize=9000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=2:1.00

Audio
ID                               : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID                          : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : AC-3
Format/Info                      : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                   : CM (complete main)
Codec ID                         : 129
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 256 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L R
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                        : 16 bits
Stream size                      : 4.58 MiB (3%)_

Demo Video can be downloaded here if you want it…

http://hotfile.com/dl/81394016/ef4406a/bouncy_balls.part1.rar.html
http://hotfile.com/dl/81394436/bb34dc7/bouncy_balls.part2.rar.html

or

http://www.filesonic.com/file/30723907/bouncy_balls.part1.rar
http://www.filesonic.com/file/30723221/bouncy_balls.part2.rar

1 Like

Hi board … can somebody tell me please if  I need to apply both update from 1.02.21 or will be enough only the last one 1.04.10 ?

MTHX in advance & regards

only the latest version…

Zagyy wrote:

only the latest version…

MTHX for feed guy … btw no more download link on the official page … maybe we need to wait another update ?

Here are some screenshots of 

Accuweather 

and Facebook in WD TV Live

Wow, fast SAMBA! That’s something.
It can play 65Mbit/sec from here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=18052824#post18052824

Before only 50-55Mbit/sec was no problem with SAMBA.
So big chances this firmaware could play uncompressed blu-ray without stutter from Network Shares for the first time!!

Previously media server was the only solution for such high bit rates. (And still is better than SAMBA - easily does 70mbit/sec from the above tests AND had even moore head room).

Very impressed.

Network Shares (Ubuntu) worked out of the box for me, mkv plays. Media server (miniDLNA) works as well.

Have to thank WD again for addressing such long standing issues.

pier11 wrote:

Network Shares (Ubuntu) worked out of the box for me, mkv plays. Media server (miniDLNA) works as well.

what samba version you have? Can you share your /etc/samba/smb.conf?

flux242 wrote:

pier11 wrote:

what samba version you have? Can you share your /etc/samba/smb.conf?

It’s just stock Ubuntu’s 10.10, I’ve never modified it manually: http://pastebin.com/tGBdhFiJ

pier11 wrote:> * * *

It’s just stock Ubuntu’s 10.10, I’ve never modified it manually: http://pastebin.com/tGBdhFiJ

right, could you pls post here result of the smbd -v

Did anyone test whether a USB Hub (powered or otherwise) works with the latest firmware? Sorry about the repeat post.

I’ve found iso’s are now jumpy, plus after you pause or skip a chapter, the progress bar overlay doesn’t hide itself at all.