New Firmware Release - Firmware Version 1.04.10_V for WD TV Live (11/22/10)

kmcewen wrote:

Why do they keep adding new ■■■■ and completely ignore what is broken, samba.

This one is even worse than the last, I can not connect to any samba share on any computer or NAS. Its back to v1.02.21.

P.S.  It would be nice if you did not have to install the firmware updates sequentially. The next update will require 3 installs before I can see if they bothered to fix samba. This is getting to be a joke.

Uhm, you don’t.   You can upgrade from 1.01.12 to 1.04.10 in one step.   Where’d you get the idea that you can’t do that?

WTF?!?

I just updated to the new FW and now nearly all my streamed content via Samba from my Mac stutters and hangs!

With the old FW everything worked fine!

Any suggestions?

Cheers

KC

KC:  Do a full reset.   Go into the setup screens and do a “RESTORE TO FACTORY DEFAULTS.”

WOW really a nice upgrade!

Win7 net shares are now working with essentials-live 2011 installed.

keyboard, wireless and external on a targus hub working.

Working well with Synology DS411J netshares and media server.

One thing… it tends to stall but if I wait a while it comes back. One time it did not respond to remote turn-on for 3 minutes. I left it on over-night seems be working fine now…I’m happy.

huge upgrade for WD TV-Live owners…Thanks

flux242 wrote:

pier11 wrote:> * * *

It’s just stock Ubuntu’s 10.10, I’ve never modified it manually: http://pastebin.com/tGBdhFiJ

right, could you pls post here result of the smbd -v

http://pastebin.com/FUKRjSmJ

pier11 wrote:

flux242 wrote:

right, could you pls post here result of the smbd -v

http://pastebin.com/FUKRjSmJ

and if you type smbd -V 

ah, that’s :

$ smbd -V
Version 3.5.4

Thanks Tony, you’re my man!

After the full reset everything works fine again. :wink:

I’m having the same streaming issue as other users, on 1.03.49V I had no issues playing any kind of video from my Win7 PC (don’t have Live-ID Assistance installed) shares (wired to a D-Link DIR-655), but on this new one I can’t play even the small 20mb files, they all take over 30 seconds to even star and when they do all I see is a slide-show with no sound, tried on all format types I have: mp4, mkv, avi, wmv, mov; only ones that at least run are my mp3s and those take like 10 secs to start playing now.  I tried resetting factory defaults, leaving the unit unplugged for over 1m and still no go.

I love the new additions but I’m downgrading firmware untill you can solve these issues.

WoooooooooooW. Upgraded to latest FW and every thing is working absolutely OK. Thanks a million WD.

Only one request: Facebook should remember login ID and Password.

WD TV Live is directly connected to Sony Bravia KLV-EX400 LCD via HDMI 1.3c cable. Wireless internet connection via D-link DWA-125 wireless adapter and D-Link DIR-300 Router.:smiley:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Uhm, you don’t.   You can upgrade from 1.01.12 to 1.04.10 in one step.   Where’d you get the idea that you can’t do that?

As you say, if you download the .zip, you can easily upgrade in one step.

But if you only go to update online, from 1.02.21, first it finds and installs 1.03.49 and once it reboots then it finds and installs 1.04.10.

INTERESTING.

You are absolutely right.  My appologies, kmcewen.

Here’s how WD has the software set up to Step Up:

Anything less than 1.01.17 → 1.01.17

1.01.17 → 1.02.21

1.02.21 → 1.03.49

1.03.49 → 1.04.10

For Live+

1.03.29 → 1.03.49

1.03.49 → 1.04.10

TonyPh12345 wrote:

INTERESTING.

You are absolutely right.  My appologies, kmcewen.

Here’s how WD has the software set up to Step Up:

Anything less than 1.01.17 → 1.01.17

1.01.17 → 1.02.21

1.02.21 → 1.03.49

1.03.49 → 1.04.10

For Live+

1.03.29 → 1.03.49

1.03.49 → 1.04.10

…sorry … and ??? … I need or not (if I don’t want to update via internet) install both (from 1.02.21) ?

MTHX in advance

I don’t think you do.  Just use the most recent ZIP file.

If you have any problems post-upgrade, do a RESTORE TO FACTORY DEFAULTS.

masterbutz wrote:

…sorry … and ??? … I need or not (if I don’t want to update via internet) install both (from 1.02.21) ?

MTHX in advance

you don’t have to.

If updating via internet → then yes, you probably have to upgrade to 1.03.49 first and the to 1.04.10

If updating via USB memory stick → then you can update immediately to the latest version but only the 1.04.10 has to be on that stick.

MTHX @ all for advice !

Will the Playon work after factory reset ?

Is the network smoother after that ?

Is Factory reset same as a power reset ?

Thanks.

Ok bros … someone has tested WD with keyboards like that ? or can tell me if can work with some kind of bluethoot ones ?

MTHX  … & sorry for my rough english

Don’t know about the keyboard you link to but I can confirm that the Logitech Wii keyboard works great:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wii-Cordless-Keyboard-Nintendo/dp/B001D1HCF6

Someone started a thread asking about wireless keyboards here, hopefully others will post back and help start a compatibility list.