Smartware can't find mycloud as backup target?

Hi,
Smartware software can’t see mycloud as backup target and I have already tried all of the suggestion regarding this problem on this community but no luck ):

Thanks in advance

Please list all of the suggestions you have tried so others don’t suggest something you have already tried.

I tried the following suggestion from this community:
“see if you have any firewall active that might be blocking the access”

“Was able to find a solution with some help of WD support.
SSDP discovery never started. Started the service along with UPnP (via services.msc) and that did the trick. I had enabled UPnP on my router, but never checked it on the host until now. After that, SmartWare was able to see MyCloud.
After doing this, I couldn’t see one of the shares that wasn’t mapped already, so I just disabled the firewall, mapped it and enabled it again.
Now I have no problems and can run and retrieve backups.”

“Do you have Network Discovery on? If not turn it on and see what happens. If you do then the next thing I would recommend is that you shut down all your devices and restart them at the same time to see if that will get them all to recognize each other.”

“Is your My Cloud in the same Workgroup as your computers?
If your My Cloud has the same Workgroup name then I suggest you unplug your router at the router for about one minute and then plug it back in, give everything time to start back up and then check to see if it shows in SmartWare.
How about your computer or computers, do they show workgroup? See example image below.”

Thanks

WD support is the worst of all other products’ support I have ever purchased! I have created 3 support case but each time they send an email asking few questions and I have answered them more than once to make sure they get one of them but instead of diagnosis the issue they send a wired and funny email as below:

Dear Hossain,

Good day!

I’m from Western Digital Technical Support and it is my pleasure to work with you in this case.

I understand that you may have other priorities for now and may not be able to respond as of the moment.

We will temporarily archive your case and you may contact us anytime whenever you are available.

You may give us a call on the hotline number below in your most convenient time for us to proceed with the necessary troubleshooting in order to resolve the issue.

Upon calling, you may provide us this case number:

We greatly apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you and feel free to contact us anytime should you require further assistance.

If you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to call our hotline support.

Thank you & best Regards,

WD/HGST Technical Support
Western Digital Corporation

What were the answers to those suggestions?
Is the My Cloud in the same workgroup as the computer running Smartware? Yes or no.
Is Network Discovery on Windows turned on? Yes or no.
Is your computer’s firewall active and is Smartware listed in its exempted programs list? Yes or no.
Is SSDP Discovery and UPnP (if they exist) enabled on Windows Services? Yes or no.

Further, can the My Cloud be reached using Windows File Explorer? Yes or no.
Can you reach the My Cloud Dashboard using a web browser? Yes or no.
Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling Smartware then setting up a new backup? Yes or no.

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. Yes
  5. Yes
  6. Yes
    Thanks

There are seven questions in my post while your reply lists answers to six. Which six questions are you answering yes to?

What is the color of the front LED on the My Cloud? Blue or some other color?
What is the firmware version and model of your My Cloud?
Is the My Cloud on the same local network and within the same IP Address pool as the computer that is running Smartware?

From the sounds of it you probably should contact WD Support directly and open a support case with them if you haven’t done so already.

https://support.wdc.com/contact.aspx

I am sorry, the answer of all 7 questions are “yes”!
Thanks for your suggestion, I have already created 3 support cases but each time they send an email asking few questions and I answered them more than once to make sure they get one of them but instead of diagnosis the issue they send a wired and funny email as below:

Dear Hossain,

Good day!

I’m from Western Digital Technical Support and it is my pleasure to work with you in this case.

I understand that you may have other priorities for now and may not be able to respond as of the moment.

We will temporarily archive your case and you may contact us anytime whenever you are available.

You may give us a call on the hotline number below in your most convenient time for us to proceed with the necessary troubleshooting in order to resolve the issue.

Upon calling, you may provide us this case number:

We greatly apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you and feel free to contact us anytime should you require further assistance.

If you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to call our hotline support.

Thank you & best Regards,

WD/HGST Technical Support
Western Digital Corporation

I sent more than 6 emails for those 3 cases and they did not receive any of them, how is this possible?

Have you actually tried calling WD Support and speaking with them?

No, I am from Bangladesh and WD don’t have any support here, so I have to call long distance international call which is costly and I don’t understand after purchasing this product I have to spend more to get support from them, they don’t have simply a support chat system ): And hundreds of company out there are supporting their buyer successfully with email support or support ticket and WD can’t do that without phone call?! This is ridiculous!

But it is matter of joy that WD community have great volunteers like you who spend personal time to help other :slight_smile: I greatly appreciate your effort for trying to solve my problem :slight_smile:
Thanks