I bought a MyCloud 4TB drive a couple months ago. I never could get it to work, so back it went to WD. I just received the replacement, and though it started out better, it’s not working out either. Here’s what’s going on:
- Setup went relatively smoothly. I was consistently able to access the dashboard and the drive.
- Began backing up 2 TB of photos to the drive. It took *three* days!!! Absolutely ridiculous. What was it doing???
- After the backup was complete, the MyCloud could no longer be accessed through the dashboard. Attempts to access the dashboard always result in “this page not available” errors. Same result in three different browsers and through numerous reboots.
- WD’s MyCloud app can’t access the drive either.
- The drive is continually doing some sort of input output routine. I cannot determine what it is.
- there is no connection to the drive by any type of “cloud”; in essence it’s just a fancy box for an external 4TB drive. NOT what I wanted.
I’m running a standard Dell Windows 7 setup with a Netgear 4300 router. I’m convinced it’s the my cloud drives because I have an old 2 terabyte MyBook that works fine. (And yes, I’ve made sure there are no conflicts and even attempted to get the mycloud to work with the my book uninstalled: no dice.)
I bought the 4 TB because I needed more storage space. Now I wish I’d never heard of WD.
Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do?