Plex Update needed

Workaround: Disable secure communications in Plex.

Plex Media Server: Settings → Network → Secure Connections = Disabled
Plex Android app: Settings → Advanced → Allow Insecure Connections = Always

Note 1: You will lose Plex Web access via app.plex.tv, which uses https, when you make this change. You will have to connect to your Plex server via http://nas_ip_address:32400/web.

Note 2: This affects all clients. You will have to allow insecure connections on non-Android clients as well.

It just fixes connection issues but we still need a server app update…
WD does still not answer properly… It seems that they DON’T want to solve these issues… Too bad!!!

I have same problem, but it only just occurred this last week, I think Plex did an update to their interface, and since then I cannot receive Plex on any of 3 TV’s fitted with Firesticks, it works fine on web browsers, Apple iOS and on an LG smart TV.
Today, I phoned WD support as I had no reply to my email, thinking they might be able to offer a work around till next update, and unbelievably their support agent did not even know what a Firestick was (100% true, check the recording WD) but then said they would be doing an update, but did not know when and said that it would be up to third parties to make sure it worked on that update. ie not really their responsibility? Is this anyway to gain customer loyalty?
For over 2 years now I have been very pleased using Plex on MyCloud Home, I was even just considering buying another, but unless this problem is sorted out sharpish, it will be the last WD product I will ever buy. MyCloud Home without Plex is of absolutely no use to me

Same issue here, lack of updates for Plex which is currently used to “sell” the MyCloud Home system, which is the main gateway unit that WD promote as their entry into the home market. This will, without any shadow of a doubt, the last WD device I buy. Typical lack of customer care from a company that is far too big to care.

I have the same problem with MyCloud Home and Plex… I did disable the secure connections and it works, but this is really annoying.
I can see that no one was able to get a proper response from WD and we have no way of knowing if they are even working on a solution and an ETA for it… they just don’t seem to take it very seriously.
For me that will be the last time I buy their products and already am looking for another solution to the setup I now have (which was supposed to be really simple and that is the reason I went with WD to begin with…)

RonyTal, 100% agree. This is the last thing ill buy from them. Really how hard is it to update an app? Ive been asking since July. This chunk of plastic is literally a paperweight at this point for me.

Where is this Secure connection option is seen ? Please do tell more ?

look at JSM reply here

It sounds like this is the issue that has rendered my NAS useless as well. What is the warranty on a My Cloud Home? Mine’s over a year old, but I would make a complaint that way if I could.

1 Like

My Cloud Home NAS.
It will not play all my movies on PLEX.
I was looking forward to having PLEX.
PLEASE UPDATE.

I am also experiencing these issues on my My Cloud Home. Please update, this is incredibly frustrating. I don’t want to have to resort to using insecure connections. That is not a solution.

I very much regret choosing a WD My Cloud to use as a Plex server. Won’t make that mistake again!

I’ve just received a My Cloud Home (as a replacement for a MyBook Live) and am trying to set-up Plex (as I understand Twonky, which was great, is no longer available).

I’ve enabled the app, but when I click on Configure I get:

This page isn’t working

prod-f639a85106229cc.wdckeystone.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 502

Any suggestions?

This issue is infuriating. Update Plex Media Server version WD! We can’t use our devices and the third party app manufacturer can’t help because you won’t let us update manually.

@BBL, your issue may be a little earlier in the process than the issue in this thread. Pretty sure the ‘configure’ link is broken too, but you might be able to get around it by manually navigating to http://:32400. Maybe.

Thanks for the response - I’ve managed to get it to work now. I ENABLED and DISABLED PLEX and couple of times and eventually it allowed me to CONFIGURE.

Now able to watch content on MyCloud Home via PLEX on my LG TV

I look forward to discovering what other issues I’m likely to face!

Hey @BBL, can you access your server through https://app.plex.tv too? I disabled and enabled once, but no change. I don’t want to do it again if avoidable because I lose all my playlists and media organisation.

A mi se me arreglado solo, antes tenia conexiones inseguras para que la reproducción remota funcionará, llevo 2 semanas que lo puse en preferido y el remoto se a conectado correctamente como antes. De momento puedo acceder desde remoto incluso a la configuración de plex.

Hello. I just used your “letter” (thanks). By the look of the reference number I got, the support server is located in Asia, itøs already the 1. of december. So the support is outsourced to people that doesn’t know anything and just have a manual and standard answers to throw back :frowning:
I used many WD product in the past and just wanted an easy NAS with Plex support.
I should have read these posts before buying this piece of s*** hardware.
I will never buy a WD product again, that’s for sure.

Yes, it works on Android Plex client but what about others? I have LG, SAMSUNG and HISENSE smart TVs. On the Plex client of LG smart TV this old version of WD Home Plex server is still accessable. But on HISENSE and SAMSUNG it is not accessible at all and there is no option in the Plex client of mentioned brands that ‘Allow Insecure Connections’!!! There is only one solution to allow DLNA. If you allow DLNA server in Plex server → DLNA you can rich the files and folders on both TVs but of course this option is also not works properly. When i chose my FILMS folder it is processing and after a few seconds it drops me back to DLNA server basic screen. Than if i repeat it many times ones it can discover my folders and i can use it (start any film from any folder). This process takes for minutes! I hate myself why i bought this ■■■■ WD HOME NAS!!!

Unfortunately it wouldn’t be much different with Plex media servers on other platforms. The fault is in Plex more than anybody else. Plex is not open source and does not share its code base with other partners - they summit a build for validation with WD and either the functionality is validated or not. There is no point in WD listing a PMS build that crashes or destroys data on the MCH.

Someone said on another post that WD is already testing a Plex update in a beta. Its expected to launch “Early 2022”.

Edit: it was @Ashy999au