No backup target found using WD Backup

2 TB My Passport Ultra worked fine on old laptop. Recently tried to install on new HP Pavilion Windows 10. Using WD Backup and after trying to discover drive, get a message of No backup targets found. Have disabled Eset and Malwarebytes but no go. I can see the hard drive and files on it. Have successfully installed WD Drive Utilities, WD Quick View and WD Security. Downloaded WD Backup from website. What am I missing?

1 Like

Hi gglasgall,

You can have a look on below mentioned article in this concern.

No Target Found or Drive Offline in WD Backup

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7755

Hi Brandon, I have performed all the steps outlined in the link you provided. When I run the latest WD Backup, I still get No Target Found. It says the installation is complete, but the application does not show up on my system tray. Under Western Digital, I only have WD Drive Utilities, WD Quick View and WD Security. No WD Backup. My model is My Passport Ultra WBBKD, which is a supported model. I must be missing something. Why doesn’t my W10 systems recognize WD Backup? Thanks, Gary

I have exactly the same problem with a new HP Envy Desktop. Has anyone found a solution to this?

I also have the same problem? I recently bought a new computer with Windows 10. I am able to access by backed up files and copy them over. But, when I try to run the WB back up software, I get a message that no target could be found. Does anyone have a solution? Does anyone from WD monitor these boards and post solutions?

I have exactly the same problem with my new HP Envy and windows 10 has any solution been found

Hello, Same problem.
New WD My passport SDD. Computer recognize the SDD (I can place data on it manually).
But WD Backup can’t find the device (it only finds Dropbox)