WD Backup Installation Silently Fails

While I am aware that there is already a post about this issue, The fix found in that post doesn’t apply to me and I think that my issue is different enough to warrant its own post. My issue is that not only does WD Backup fail to find my drive in the “Setup your first backup” part of the installer but, on my machine, if I choose to exit the installer without setting up a backup (since I can’t) I also can’t find the WD Backup program to run it again. The program isn’t even listed in “Programs and Features”. Lastly, the fix from that previous thread (setting the COM+Enabled Registry Key to 1) wasn’t applicable for me since my Com+Enabled key was already set to 1.

ETA: As I was typing this post and collating all of my information to include, I discovered an oddity in my WD Backup install log. Notably these lines near the bottom.

MSI (s) (C8:88) [02:12:37:833]: Note: 1: 1708 
MSI (s) (C8:88) [02:12:37:833]: Product: WD Backup -- Installation failed.

MSI (s) (C8:88) [02:12:37:834]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: WD Backup. Product Version: 1.9.7435.38388. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Western Digital Technologies, Inc. Installation success or error status: 1603.

It appears that WD Backup 1.9.7435.38388 is silently failing to install and I wouldn’t have noticed if I hadn’t skimmed through a 2300 line log file in my TEMP folder. Since I’m new and can’t upload the log itself, I’ve posted it at Pastbin. Maybe someone can figure out why I’m having so much trouble installing this software.

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: Windows: Software Will Not Install, Update, Start or Uninstall

Thanks for your response. I ended up performing a reset on Windows due to another issue and now this problem has resolved itself. However, I’d already attempted the solutions on that page before posting here and they didn’t resolve the problem.