Cannot install WD Backup

Hi All,

I have a WD My Passport 2TB drive but I am having trouble installing the Backup software.

According to the User Manual on the drive, I am supposed to run WD Discovery.exe to install the apps, including Backup. My drive did not have the WD Discovery.exe file, so I downloaded it from the WD website and installed it.

I then used it to attempt to install three apps, namely WD Drive Utilities, WD Security and WD Backup. The first two installed fine, but not WD Backup. When I clicked the “Install” button for WD Backup in WD Discovery the blue progress bar travelled across the button to indicate that installation was taking place, but when it got completely across the button caption reverted to “Install” not “Open” as on the other two apps.

What have I done wrong? How can I get the Backup app installed?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Robert

1 Like

Hi RobertWA,

You can refer the link given to troubleshoot and find out the root cause of the issue.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=15142

For More information, You can contact WD’s Technical support team from the below mentioned links.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support.

Thanks Brandon,

I have tried all of these without success.

I contacted Support and have an active case number. Unfortunately the support I was given didn’t help. To make matters worse when I pointed this out the support person said she would email me some instructions to follow. These turned out to be exactly the same as she had already provided. They didn’t work the first time so I don’t know what she expected the second time.

I am still waiting for followup to try to resolve the issue.

I’m afraid that I’m becoming a little cynical about the world-class service and support team and I am probably going to not worry about getting WD Backup to work and I will go with an alternative product,

Cheers

Robert

1 Like

WD Support: No sirve, no sois capaces de dar una soluciĂłn a este generalizado problema.

¡¡¡ RESULTA IMPOSIBLE INSTALAR WD BACKUP !!!

IT’S IMPOSSIBLE TO INSTALL WD BACKUP !!!

Bravo, RobertWA, eso es justamente lo que nos está pasando a muchos y WD no sabe solucionarlo.

¡¡¡ RESULTA IMPOSIBLE INSTALAR WD BACKUP !!!

IT’S IMPOSSIBLE TO INSTALL WD BACKUP !!!