New Release - Firmware Version 1.13.18 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (1/24/13)

Hi, I have a problem with spotify after the new firmware. 

When I gonna play a song in spotify it dont start, just like i have bad connection and you have to wait for the song to start because of slow connection. But the song never start and I didnt have this problem before the new firmware

Someone have the same problem ? or ?

MartianMonkey wrote:

martinmarty wrote:

MartianMonkey wrote:

Where can I get a copy of the previous firmware? I only use mine for local files and none of them are working with this firmware. I would love to roll it back and have things work.

When you say “local” do you mean network or USB? I put the update on yesterday and have not had any problem playing files stored on my local network. I have not tried USB. What file formats are you having trouble with? I haven’t been paying particular attention to what I’ve been playing but I know I’ve played a few AVIs.

My avi files play fine. Its my files in .m4v format. I have them stored on an external hard drive. I have them formated for an appletv and they played just fine 3 days ago.

Interesting. Your issue sounds very similar to the one I am having. I made a thread here.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Firmware/Issue-with-Blu-ray-rip-in-m4v-format-with-latest-firmware/td-p/535702

If anybody wants to rollback to a previous firmware then visit the page below and follow the instructions. You could try a reset to factory defaults before you do that as there is a possibility that this may cure your problem. To reset go to the setup / system menu.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

richUK wrote:
If anybody wants to rollback to a previous firmware then visit the page below and follow the instructions. You could try a reset to factory defaults before you do that as there is a possibility that this may cure your problem. To reset go to the setup / system menu.

I attempted a factory reset in multiple firmwares (including this one) and problem with external 3TB My Book Essential still exists.

richUK wrote:

Thank you for this. I rolled it back to the newest on that list and now everything works. It’s not version 1.12.14 I wanted but the one before it. I don’t plan on updating it until they have fixed everything that this new one has broke for me. I have had my TV Live for almost a year now and have updated when it prompts and this is the only time it has caused me problems.

I switched back to 1.10, again.

The Movies loading much longer als in 1.10. The Loading Icon is on screen even when the Clip / Movie is running a few seconds.

Some Movies take 10 to 20 seconds loading, on the 1.10 FW start and it runs.

Dont know how WD gets the Firmware less performant as it already was. The last 3 Updates where **bleep**.

Maybe its ok if you yust look long films, but if you have short clips its bad with the updates > 1.10.

Hope in future better performance and the option to deactivate the loading icon.

After updating I lost any sound and my screens are pink, I restarted twice with no success

I posted a thread in the discussions area about this but figured I’d post it here…

So you finally added the Movies only filter to the SMP which is great. That is one thing I really wanted, BUT, when I select it, it say I have NO CONTENT???

The TV Filter Works great, the ALL filter shows my movies and TV, but the MOVIES filter shows nothing.

I have my bluray movies on one NFS share in a directory called BluRays(there are no subdirectories. All the BluRay movies and artwork are all in the BluRay  folder). On the other NFS share, I have one directory for DVD movies called DVDs and a directory for TV called TV. It sees the TV shows but not the Movies Only.

What exactly does the “MOVIE” filter look for to ID a movie?

***EDIT***

SOLVED. Someone suggested doing a Clear Media Library from the system menu and that wprked. I was a little surprised because I thought forcing a cold reboot rescanned the media library as well, but it wasn’t enough.

as always in media library setup the get content info still not fixed in regards to the following format for tv episodes  1 - 1, 1 - 10 when it should be 1 - 2, that is s01e01 and so on will the wdtv smp ever change the labbeling format, for now im sticking with thumbgen.

@roadkill_be

Have you tried to reset the device? And verify HDMI cable connection.

Is “My Media Library” new? It’s useful with the playback history. nice…

However there’s a bug:

• in My Media Library, showing Videos, All,

• content info is running (shown on top notification bar)

• delete any file

• the popup Deleting bar shows 0/0 and hangs (system still runs - screensaver comes in, the X cancel button comes in, but still stuck at the bar)

• eventually (after hours) it times out, but the file is not deleted.

it’s the hanging that’s irritating, reset via power cycle has lost me more data than anything else…

I updated to the new 1.13.18 Firmware. It says that a new service IVI.ru has been added but I can’t see it in Services. I expect that it is not shown because of my current location (Australia). Is there any way to change/fake the location and activate IVI.ru ? I changed my time zone to Russia, but still no luck. Is there anything else I can do ? Thank you.

1 Like

Short of using proxies or VPN there’s nothing you can do.

The numbering for TV shows is still incorrect when the filter is set to “Filter → Folders”.  As an example, if a TV show has 10 episodes, then the shows will be ordered:

1, 10, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

When the filter is set to “Filter → TV Shows”, then the ordering is correct.  It seems like that “Filter → TV Shows” is the only filter that orders it correctly.  Please correct this issue for all the other filters that it would be applicable to, such as “Filter → Folders” and  “Filter ->All”.

Yes, did not work, after the restart the colors are back to normal, but no sound whatsoever

**bleep**!!!? This firmware update totally broke h.264 playback! Downgrading firmware and turning off “check for firmware updates” on all my WD TV Live units! Wow do they even test before releasing updates?

99% of my content is h.264. It still all plays fine for me… From DVD rips to Bluray rips.

I have absolutely same question.

Is there a way to enable ivi.ru from countries outside Russia?

@TonyPh12345

I’m happy that the new firmware worked for you but I have 6 WD TV Live units in my house all connected network to my media server.  I have always clicked through on the firmware updates as they roll out and have NEVER had an issue with playback on anything.  Last night I updated 1 unit and videos that I was watching 10min earlier did not play any longer.  A fault would come up saying format was not playable and to check user manual for compatible formats.  These are files that I was just watching before update.  To confirm that this was indeed a firmware issue, I went into the next room and watched the same file I was having trouble with on a WD TV Live media player that hadn’t been updated.  I rolled back to 1.11.14 and all is well again.  

This firmware DOES break playback on SOME media files!!!

Media file information for those who care.

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L3.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 46mn 27s
Bit rate : 861 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 4 632 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 406 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.123
Stream size : 286 MiB (88%)
Writing library : x264 core 129 r2245 bc13772
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:2:2 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=18 / lookahead_threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=60 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=19.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Encoded date : UTC 2013-01-23 22:09:51
Tagged date : UTC 2013-01-22 23:51:00
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Duration : 46mn 27s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 118 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 177 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : 83ms
Stream size : 39.1 MiB (12%)
Encoded date : UTC 2013-01-22 23:50:58
Tagged date : UTC 2013-01-22 23:51:00

I’m shocked that this firmware was released.  I upgraded and now a majority of my blu-ray rips will not play.  They show a time of 18:18 instead of the 1:37:34 that the movie should last and nothing ever plays.  Also, I have been unable to find the 1.12.xx firmware on the site to roll back.  Everything was working fine before the upgrade.  Please advise.