New Release - Firmware Version 1.13.18 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (1/24/13)

@bresteli

I too had issue with half my media library after update.  I never saw a 1.12… firmware so I can’t help you there.  For me, the most recent firmware prior to 1.13.18 was 1.11.14.  All my units that had been updated within the last 2 weeks were at 1.11.14.

Roll back to 1.11.14 fixed playback issues for me.

In case you need it…

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

CORRECTION - My other WD TV Live units are indeed at version 1.12.14 but it is NOT currently available as a rollback download.

Ookpic, what container are your files in? All of mine are MKV / M2TS / TS / M4V.

Your MEDIAINFO report doesn’t indicate the container for some reason.

Also, are you using DLNA or network shares?

@TonyPh12345

Media is usually encoded to .mp4 container and is stored on a Windows Home Server running PS3 Media Server software which I believe is DLNA.

Extra container info for above video

General

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom
File size : 352 MiB
Duration : 43mn 20s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 1 137 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2013-01-24 18:08:10
Tagged date : UTC 2013-01-24 18:08:10

DLNA push still broken with this relerase, cannot play audio now, previously it only affected video.

tTme to ditch WD and get another media renderer I think.

My Spotify broke with the new update as well. I have a playslist that has a whole bunch of old songs (granted it has about 250 songs). I’ve never had a problem playing it, but after the update, when I try to play it, it reboots the whole box. I’ve tried recreating the playlist, doing a factory reset, same issue. I went back to the previous firmware that I had (Firmware Ver. 1.10.13), and it now plays OK.

New firmware version 1.13.18 works for me. It seems to improve Windows Share which in the previous version kept dropping one of my PCs. I have two PCs connected to a Linksys wrt310n router. WD TV Live Media Player is connected to my network wireless. In previous versions of the firmware, the Windows Share list would drop one of the PCs. I would   have to reboot the missing PC to see it in the Windows Share list. Eventually the PC would disappear from the Windows Share list. The new firmware seems to keep both PCs in the list longer than in previous versions. When one of the PCs disappear, I resubmit the workgroup name which restarts networking and the missing PC usually reappears. My guess is Windows 7 master browser is causing a problem with network sharing.  I do not use Homegroups or require a password. The 2 PCs and the WDTVLive are all members of the the same workgroup. If Windows Share was more  reliable, I would say the WD TV Live was a 10. 

please support the Bluray menu to the next FW. 

1.12.14 is available here  http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/Western-Digital-TV-Live-Streaming-Media-Player-Firmware-11214-Download-187951.html

I begining to wonder if people read the posts that come before when they post.

Upgrading without doing anything else tends to lead to problems with media playback and so on.

Doing a factory reset and then upgrading fresh is by far the best method leading to most issues reported here not being a problem.

Upgraded without a factory reset.

fast forward issues

media playback issues

odd behavior.

Upgraded after a factory reset

None of the issues reported here happened

All medai regradless of type plays as it before.

Folks this quite simple .

Putting new code over old code and settings tends to meake a mess as it does with any program.

It take very little time to start fresh and aviod the problems that this causes and if you still have issues post them.

A good many of the complants and issues here are being caused by the users taking short cuts…

The new firmware only worked briefly for me and now I cannot play any of my media at all. I did a soft and hard reset and rebooted both my computer and my router. Although I can see all my folders and files, either none will play or 1 will play and then a second file won’t. I have been trying for an hour but now I give up. I’m going back to 1.11 to see if everything works again. I have owned every version of WD Streamer since the very beginning and this latest one is driving me nuts.

Edit: I rolled back to 1.11 and it still hangs - arrow spins forever. I see all the files but none will play. I’m installing the latest FW again and will attempt to fix this tomorrow. Too late to work on it now.

Winzip wrote:

please support the Bluray menu to the next FW. 

Won’t happen as the WD supports no BD-J.

Some more regressions:

Videos in RSS feed now show “Unsupported Format”. For example, try episode #410 from

http://feeds.feedburner.com/ElectronicsEngineeringVideoBlog

Seeking forward in Youtube Videos no longer works. With 1.12 and before I could at least seek forward in ~10 seconds increments. For example, try eevblog #410

Also tried Hauppauge Live TV and the channel scan still doesn’t find anything with my allegedly supported NOVA-T stick.

Stopped testing further at this point and went back to 1.11 (where’s 1.12 rollback version, BTW?) and disabled new firmware notifications.

I’m really not amused.

I got it up and running normally this morning. I renamed my network connection from “network 7” to just “network” and then I switched two cables in the back of my router. I then rebooted my computer and rebooted the streamer. Everything works like new now. I have no clue what the problem was. I hated seeing that spinning arrow and nothing playing.

I just updated to the newest firmware, which clearly stated that it “Resolved issue with ejecting USB drives.”

However, this is completely not true.  It absolutely made it worse.  Now, instead of it happening once in a while…it happens EVERY time I try to eject a USB drive.

Anyone else having this issue?

Now we wait for another try from WD to fix this…

Everything works great with this firmware.

I first reset to factory defaults, skip setup, flash 1.13.18, reset to factory defaults, did the setup, then removed ac-power, reconnect ac-power.

I have some issues with the newest firmware.

1. Audio passtrough from HDMI doesn’t support Dolby Digital anymore
  2. Spotify client (and whole WD live) crashes when selecting some playlists and pressing “play”. But when selecting playlist itself and then selecting some song it will work normally.

But…Support DVT subtitles in TS file is not added:robotembarrassed::womansad::cry:

Upgraded today…

All Xvid files either don’t play at all or the sound doesn’t play.

Seriously not impressed, xmas gift acting like a brick now…

Help? Downgrading is something that is not appealing.

J

Plese add support DVB subtitles in TS files, this is very important for many people. 

And for deafs people.

PLESE, PLESE.

Many thanks

D

All the previous releases of WD player firmware are still up on the WD site all you need to do is change the name of the file you want to download. To downgrade assume you know how to change the text file to make the player think the older firmware is new.

download.wdc.com:wdtv:wdtvlivegen3_1.12.14.zip.webloc