New Release - Firmware Version 1.14.09 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (2/27/13)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

If you experience any issues with this firmware, please report them in the WD TV Live Streaming Issue Reporting exchange.

For questions or sharing your experience, you can post in this thread.

1 Like

Just out of interest the release notes say:

BBC iPlayer subscribers: For continued service of BBC iPlayer, you must update to this FW and re-login into account.

There is no login for the BBC iPlayer.

1 Like

Previous FW added things like 32x speed that should have been supported from launch but makes it take forever to start up even from standby as it has to detect network etc.

So you would think another firmware so soon would be to fix the stuff the previous FW broke but no its mainly to add iplayer and fix the watched/viewed markers in files but its breaks something as per usual.

After I watch an episode of a TV show I delete it and normally a orange/brownish circle pops up on screen and it refreshes and EP is gone but now it does not, the EP is actually gone (easy to see if you try to play it) but remains on screen till I either manually scan the folder again or turn device off/on.

[Deleted]

Right, a couple of factory resets later and first attaching a usb stick and than the hdd and the usb disk is being detected again. Don’t know why it happens but WD needs to fix this.

Live TV using the recommended Hauppage USB TV stick still doesn’t work for me.

Languages on the Hauppage section are still wrong.

Looks like this reported - and in review - fault still hasn’t even been looked at.
And this was the main reason I bought the device - and TV stick.

No advantages that I can see at all.

Still seeing the “A fatal system error is detected. The device will restart.” problem when playing videos from a USB attached drive (mechanical or flash drive in either front or back USB port).  Tried lots of resetting/relfashing etc.  Had to flash back to 1.12.14 again as this is the latest version that does not have this issue for me.  Will post another issue report on this.  Very annoying as need the iplayer update and several other minor fixes.

Wish technology just worked!

I received that same error today playing a file from a NAS. After the device rebooted, everything seems fine now…
Will keep an eye on this

Unbelievable. So many major problems and yet another firmware release with commercial **bleep**. Why doesn’t WD solve the usb and stutterproblems first.

Netflix died!
A powercycle performed in netflix reports the following: Network / 6 / ssl handshake failed (then it reports a netflix URL)
Netflix tested on other devices (ps3, ipad, pc) works fine. Only wd tv died.
Device tested for connectivity issues and works just fine.

Edit: netflix is back on. This must have been a server issue?

thanks works like a charm so far!!

B.T.W : when did the power off after 3hrs of inactivaty option get implimented ? i see it since this update

at least as i remember?

Well least with the new iplayer version my iplayer pausing issue seems to of gone.

same exact problem here 

Netflix died!
A powercycle performed in netflix reports the following: Network / 6 / ssl handshake failed (then it reports a netflix URL)
Netflix tested on other devices (ps3, ipad, pc) works fine. Only wd tv died.
Device tested for connectivity issues and works just fine.

All the other services on the WD TV device work except Netflix…the service I use the most.  On start-up of the app, it states that it cannot connect with two selections: retry or exit.  I did the up down, etc via the remote to get a more detailed error message starting with: Network / 6 / SSL handshake failed.  Netflix still works on all my other devices: mobile device on my tablet, pc, etc all functioning properly. 

This problem seems to coincide with the firmware 1.14.09 on our wdtv yesterday.

yup i spoke too soon netflix died after login and restart :dizzy_face:

I’m on an older F/W and Netflix has the same no access problem

I have the Netflix error. Happened before and after FW update

For continued service of BBC iPlayer

In the update from WD it states

“BBC iPlayer subscribers: For continued service of BBC iPlayer, you must update to this FW”

I am still on Firmware 1.12 xxx Tried BBC iPlayer last night and works just like before, all ok apart from the ending about 30 sec early before the end

Is the BBC changing their software, can we expect the service to stop working if I don’t upgrade.

Does anyone have any insight as to technically what is happing and the time scale ?

Maybe Bill can give some detailed guidance.

Thanks

dang, I was hoping some more important issues would’ve been fixed or improved. Oh well, thanks for the new firmware.

Hi Folks,

As the last FW (1.13.18) caused a big problem with my Epson EH-TW9000 Beamer i had to go back to an older FW.

Unfortatly, FW 1.14.09 is causing the same problem - the Picture from the Epson EH-TW9000 is constantly flickering, no matter which HDMY settings i use in the SMP. Again - back to an old FW, as this NEVER happened before. And yes, i always perform a “clean” install - when changing the Firmware.

BTW - the flickering appears not on my Panasonic Plasma.

Any Ideas out there?

See the flickering on uTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOkovd_FZNU&feature=youtu.be

Thanks a lot

kalister

netflix is back working now in the uk as from about 14:00pm :slight_smile: