New Release - Firmware Version 1.14.09 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (2/27/13)

Well, I guess no one at WD really cares about the ideas section, so I’ll try my luck here. 4 different threads there on this topic, older than a year and still “new”. Will you ever change the buttons to modify subtitle timing and position during playback?
With the first and second generation Player you could just press the up&down and left&right arrows to do that. These arrow buttons have absolutely no function now. If I want to adjust something I have to:
Press options (playback stops)
Press the down arrow 4 times
Right arrow
Enter (playback continues)
Arrow to adjust
Press back

All that instead of 1 simple click. Please look into that.

just 1 cent for all wdtv  product.

prior to upgrading I still able to hit option and manually search for the movie metadata… now after upgrade I am no longer able to see that as an option.  Did it go away?  Did the upgrade turn something off? I checked the settings and media library is still on, tried both auto/manual option for getting content.  I have some movies that the WD Live just cannot find and I need to manually add

Prior to this upgrade I had my media library set up through a network share.  After the upgrade my media library just flat disappeared as an option.  All of the metadata still exists and seems to work, but I’m seeing a bunch of folders from my NAS that I’d previously suppressed via the media library.  What happened?  I guess I need to roll back?  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

-aaron

I was able to get Netflix working again with multiple router and modem reboots, along with the WDTV.

since the update nothing works ,how can i fix it ,i realy frustrated

fluffhead - other users reported that it was problem at the Netflix end which has now been rectified.

eltoros - more information needed. Start a new thread with details of exactly what is wrong.

Factroy default it (done in settings/system menu).

Download the firmware here http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?wdc_lang=en&fid=wdsfWDTV_Live

Put files on a usb drive anbd plug into the wd.

This well show new firmware and let you update…

Sometimes updates over wireless dont go as expected and doing it from usb gets around that.

thanks 

Many of my video files that used to play are now apparently a file format that isn’t supported?

Like which? Post Mediainfo, demo clip.

With the new 1.14.09 firmware, my old DVR-MS videos generated with Media Center in Windows Vista are now playing with correctly sync’d sound - hooray!

The bad news: DVR-MS video generated using Windows 7 built-in WTV to DVR-MS converter only play for 3-7 seconds before dropping out entirely back to the file browser. Sounds similar to the problem reported in an old post:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-General-Discussions/DVR-MS-files-stutter-and-sound-drops-after-10-seconds/td-p/296270

For that matter: how about the capability to play WTV files on WD TV Live without conversion?

DavePi

How about not expecting the WDTV to play each crappy proprietary format (by Micros~1 no less)?

How about expecting to play more than one format. With the latest two versions of firmware, everytime I play a .avi file and need to play another format like iso or mkv, I have to restart the device, and again if I after that want to play .avi again. Does not help to shut it down and turn it on again, It will remember the last format for days, and no format can be played until I restart it again, that is a mayor bug in my eyes.

Techflaws wrote:

How about not expecting the WDTV to play each crappy proprietary format (by Micros~1 no less)?

While I agree that the Evil MS Empire is out of control on several fronts, WD and other media streaming devices tout the number of protocols they can play as a distinguishing sales feature. In fact, WMC media compatibility was my primary deciding factor in favor of the WD.

C’mon, WD - let’s cut the number of bugs, and see some current N-1 format love…

This may come as abit of a shock but its not always the device thats the problem.

I can play iso mkv avi without issue or the need to restart.

Some of the really old wmc formats aren’t supported but thats not suprising as no one support them anymore.

VettemanDK wrote:

How about expecting to play more than one format…

It does. Unless of course you run in the well-reported error that one messed up file will prevent playback of all proper files afterwards until the device is power-cycled.

Since I updated to latest verson. My box no longer sees my NAS. My computer connects no problem. I have restarted everything several times but nothings working. Any Ideas??

Did you check to see if linux support was turned on in netowrking?

To add to my post on 1st page of this thread:

Now I have issue of no media found each time I come out of standby, a 2nd press of standby and back sorts it.

Now when I have watched a file I go to options menu to delete it and there is now 4-5 options instead of the long list of options as per normal but the files actually deletes instantly now but no orange/brownish circle on screen.

So now i can at least delete files but menu is lacking some options.

This media player is mature now and should be working far better than the buggy **bleep** it is now and with each new FW more fines are broken that useds to work before.

I have tried a reset and TBH its a PIA to set all up again.

If I broke somthing everytime I did a job I at work would be out of my job real soon.

WD should get a new FW out ASAP to fix all these old and new issues.