My Cloud. goes to Device offline after OS 5 update

Yesterday, I updated My Cloud 4TB NAS firmware 2.xxx (OS 3?) to 5.xxx (OS 5).
After this, I shared some directory as ‘public’, it seems not open to actually to public, but only to my accounts or approved accounts. And this, My Cloud start to scan pictures/movies by itself, which expect to takes a long time. It also said, I can use(access) the shared public folders on web browser.
And I used My Cloud for an hour.

And then, it suddenly go the status of ‘Device is Offline’, and I cannot see My Cloud address on my router, it acutally go offline. I cannot access this completely. But when I touched the body of My Cloud NAS by my hands, its HDD is still operating in busy. And this ‘Device is Offline’ status still on-going, a day passed now.

How can I fix this problem, or how can I save my data at least?

@Eddy

My Cloud Personal Storage User Manual (wdc.com) See LEDs

My Cloud OS 5 Online User Manual (wdc.com)

(1) Reboot the My Cloud and then access the dashboard and Collect the System Logs
(2) Open a support case and send the system logs to support
(3) Let me know your case number

Hi Brown

I coudn’t do your instruction for traveling out side. During my trip I’ve check mobile phone app, it’s still ‘Device is Offline’ status. And I returned home today, I found the HDDs are still operating and offline status. (I didn’t mentioned that I have attached another USB drive 8TB.) And initially I ordered to My cloud that to index pictures and movies by sharing commend.

(Backgound information) Initially, I ordered (automatically, when I update OS 5 and shared,) My Cloud 4TB and attached 8TB USB external HDD to index picture and Movie.

1. The HDDs(4TB MyCloud + 8TB usb) are still operating for 5days until now. Will indexing time takes so long time (many many days)? and also it can go automatically ‘offline’ status during indexing, maybe to protec user disturbance? If so, I should wait until the indexing is finished, and it will return to ‘online’?
  2. If this my status will not be returned to normal, then I should do anything. I cannot access My Cloud via network, so I only can press reset botton or pull power plug(off). How should I do? (I cannot access the NAS to collect system logs)
    2-1) Actually, once I pull the power plug right after offline status at the begining. And power plug in, I cannot found any improvement still same ‘offline’ status and both HDDs are running.
  3. If I should press reset botton, does it need to press for over 40 seconds? And I hope the data will be OK.

FYI: current MyCloud LED color is steady ‘blue’.

Best regards
Eddy

Please do the following

(1) Power OFF the My Cloud and Detach the USB drive
(2) Boot the My Cloud and then access the dashboard and Collect the System Logs . Do a 40 sec pin reset if your must as it will not delete any data.
(3) Open a support case and send the system logs to support
(4) Let me know your case number
[/quote]

Hi Brwon

#210723-003584

Thanks, Eddy