Can't enable cloud access

So some of my devices weren’t able to connect to mycloud. So I went into web dashboard to try disabling and enabling it again. But after I disable it, it won’t let me enable it saying that my admin account has expired and I need to login again. So I try logging in again, and it’s indefinitely stuck on “Updating …”. I’ve tried using the account to login to os5.mycloud.com so I know that it works. I’ve tried changing password and it doesn’t work. It’s still always stuck on “Updating …”.

10 Likes

I have the exact same issue. I upgraded to OS5 and the cloud access wasn’t enabled so I tried to sign in and it stalls on Updating. I’ve tried the 4 sec reset, 40 sec reset, System Restore from the dashboard settings. But I can’t sign in to get cloud access. At this point, I’ve giving it about 1 day and I’m just going to break it open and download Linux File System for windows and turning this into a portable hdd.

4 Likes

exactly same problem for me. any solution?

5 Likes

None yet. At this point I’m thinking that It might be a problem with Mycloud servers.

4 Likes

Y’all on OS5 (did you switch to OS5 recently?) and indexing is over?

[EDIT]It reads “échec” here, which means “fail” in French, in the cloud access box, despite http://status.mycloud.com/os4 stating everything is UP.[/EDIT]

2 Likes

We have exactly the same problem with a PR4100

3 Likes

Metoo…I Have PR 4100 and my firmware is 5.19.117 but today I cant access WD Portal like WEB or Apps… anyone have same problem?

i Havent problem with local
IP Static with NAT IP Public = no problem (access admin not content)

5 Likes

I have the same problem here with My Cloud EX2 Ultra recently acquired: after initial configuration and initial load of data (~3TB) the Cloud Access was up and running with no problem. Today I got the “Cloud Access Disabled” status ( as shown in screenshot from @admin_yodya ) and when I logged in into mycloud.com account - from the Cloud Access configuration page - a popup communicated that the indexing process was going to begin and that it would have taken a while.
After this successful login ( it took just a few seconds to login and return to the WebUI ) I turned off and on again the Cloud Access for admin user: after this last action I now get stuck when I login into mycloud.com account.

Could it be really related to the indexing of files (maybe in the WD’s servers) as @AustinForest is asking above?

Is there any WD customer service representative who can really help us here?

3 Likes

anyone have direct contact to WD solution? not a robot but a human

4 Likes

@admin_yodya have you tried going to the My Cloud learning center (My Cloud™) and click on CONTACT SUPPORT? For me it redirects to (International Phone Numbers | Western Digital) but when I open it I get a “Server Error in ‘/’ Application.” (see screenshot below)…today it’s really “one of these days” for WD :disappointed:

2 Likes

Same issue here,

Cloud access status showing as Failed on two devices that I manage

Capture

6 Likes

same here i only can access my device with LAN

3 Likes

Exact same problem. I thought it might be my new router but apparently not.

4 Likes

same here, hope they solve it in the next hours

3 Likes

I have updated my Ex2100 last year and it was unavailable for weeks because it got stuck in the assistant where you set new passwords and setup cloud access. Because I got a backup and local smb access was possible I left it like that for weeks and only now an then tried to finish the setup process.

Today I tried again and it worked.
Probably coincidence or maybe while fixing the one problem they killed something else and now we have to wait for another fix.

2 Likes

Here too.

We have 2 EX2 Ultras both Devices are offline.
We could connect last week. We have not changed any part of our settings

WD why can you not get this right!?

4 Likes

Exactly the same issue on two MyCloud EX2 Ultra devices, one of which is all but brand new.

2 Likes

Gleiches Problem seit heute, kann nur den 1. Beitrag zitieren: “…keine Verbindung zu mycloud herstellen. Also ging ich in das Web-Dashboard, um zu versuchen, es wieder zu deaktivieren und zu aktivieren. Aber nachdem ich es deaktiviert habe, kann ich es nicht aktivieren, indem ich sage, dass mein Administratorkonto abgelaufen ist und ich mich erneut anmelden muss. Also versuche ich, mich erneut anzumelden, und es bleibt auf unbestimmte Zeit bei “Aktualisieren …” hängen…”
Das ist eine EX2 Ultra und gerade mal 3 Wochen gelaufen.

1 Like

Same Issue here,
also replied in another Thread with the same Topic (Can't enable Cloud Access)

1 Like

Same issue here. Troubleshooting my own system for … :hot_face:

1 Like