Missing “NEW OS 5 AVAILABLE” on the dashboard

I’m trying to update a MyCloud EX2 Ultra to My Cloud OS 5.

I’ve already updated the firmware to version 2.41.106 however I don’t have the box “NEW OS 5 AVAILABLE” on the dashboard.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks.

@Allvey Thanks for the reporting the issue.
You should be receiving the OS 5 Update notification shortly.

I am having the same issue. No option for installing OS 5. I have installed 2.41.106.

Same for me. Option is available connects to the server than fails to download

have tried several times and always the download fails. Is there another way to download the OS without going through the dashboard

Tried the new link that appeared on dashboard this afternoon. 2 tries to download and then successful. Installed and working

I also cannot see this update box. Also my firmware is 2.41.157

@brianmatthews firmware 2.41.157 is the most recent firmware release of My Cloud OS 3 firmware. If you wish to upgrade to My Cloud OS 5 pre-release, you must follow the instructions in the announcement sections of this board and manually download and install firmware 2.41.106. The alternate option is to remain on 2.41.157 and wait until My Cloud OS 5 has been released to the general public.

That new OS 5 is garbage, it uses half 5he ram the cpu is running over 50% it slow loading the ui ,for some reason the available storage is being used up since I downgraded to this trash os, a half tb of space is being used for unknown reasons,
After the red drive crsp wd pulled and now this trash os I am done with western digital.This 2d pr4100 was a fantastic nas now its about of garbage,I just ordered the qnap ts-873 it is an o,der model but far surpasses anything WD has to offer ,it will be filled with Seagate ironwolf pro driveves

1 Like

I also have a problem with downloading the My cloud OS 5. I don’t see the new os available button. My version is 2.41.106.

The following article will help resolve the issue.

My Cloud OS 5: Update Screens Blank and Missing Text

Answer ID 31083

I also can’t see the “NEW OS 5 AVAILABLE” box on the Dashboard. The box did appear after I installed the 2.41.116 firmware update and I clicked on it, but I selected the “Upgrade Later” option to wait for a better time to upgrade. The box remained on the dashboard for a few days, but now it’s gone. I’ve already tried the suggestion in the “Update Screens Blank and Missing Text” article and it’s still not there.

I have the same problem.
Firmware is 2.41.116.
It says it’s the newest version when checking for updates and also it’s the same version as described in the instructions to upgrade (Answer ID 29813).

The article (Answer ID 31083) isn’t helping since I am missing the whole notification-box, not only the text.
Tried it anyway - didn’t work.
(rm: can't remove 'translations': No such file or directory)

Is it possible to manually download and install the upgrade? And if, how?

Thanks, the manual upgrade worked just fine.
But I didn’t found the Image on the page you posted, had to google for it.

For everyone’s searching for a link to the Images of the OS 5:

Same problem. No button to do the update.
Firmware version: WDMyCloud v04.05.00-353 : Core F/W
I also went through the SSH recommendation in this thread, but the directory doesn’t exist. /mnt/ is empty.
What can I do?
@SBrown and other WDStaff … Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks @dswv42
I wonder how do you know … are you WDStaff? I do not see it in your username.
Should I throw it away?
Or is it only that the remote access will not work any longer?
Would it be vulnerable?
In short: what are the risks or limitations that I have to consider if I continue using it?
Does WD offer any upgrade options or do I need to discard it?
Thanks in advance for your answer …

I didn’t have to do the SSH route, just did a 40 second reset and everything appeared as it should. If that fails, just download the OS5 firmware file and install it manually.

Hello - I have recieved the email informing me of the need to do the update - what i don’t understand is that the link says
Before updating to My Cloud OS 5, your device must be updated to Firmware 2.41.116 or higher
My EX Ultra has version 5.18.117 - and I am being informed that I have the latest firmware installed. So the question is - do I download and install 2.41.116 (which logic would state is going backwards?), or do I wait until the download for OS5 becomes available when I press the firmware button??? Can anyone help.

where do you find the link to the OS5 - I can’t seem to locate it

Google is your friend:

https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/product-detail/p/126#WD_downloads