Loss of Access to Shares with Firmware v04.04.00-307

Hello,

I just did the v04.04.00-303 firmware update and after checking my shares, I see an entire share is missing. But, the capacity is the same as it was before the update. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I also done the update…

Had 80GB free before update

My first Share is missing and free sapce now says 680GB

Also, my Public folder is missing and i have a lot of data in that folder also.

HELP!!!

Still shocked at this.

Why has nobody mentioned the public folder been missing. It wasn’t in the release notes

Also, my large movie folder just deleted and all the others were left fine…

Such a pain in the *ss

After update I also thought I lost all my shares.

It seems that the list of shares takes ages to show up on the page, though. I came back to the tab in half an hour, having checked all the forums, and - look - here they are!

One problem seems to be with the UI design in general (jQuery?).

The dynamic elements are incredibly, unbelievably slow - and most importantly - there is no “Loading” sign, one can not tell whether the element is missing or still loading.

pajjo wrote:

Still shocked at this.

Why has nobody mentioned the public folder been missing. It wasn’t in the release notes

Because it is not missing, at least not for everyone. Did the update yesterday and all shares/folders were there post update.

Bennor - do you still have your public folder?

pajjo wrote:

Bennor - do you still have your public folder?

Yes. As previously indicated all shares/folders were caried over after the firmware upgrade, none disappeared.

I have no idea why mine had issues… there was no network issues, i watched the upgrade as it happened…

2 folders missing though and they are gone when i browse through win explorer and via the app on my phone

Also noticed the permissions of my users/folders changed (on some folders, not all)

Interesting development - I use my Playstation 4 media player to connect to my cloud sometimes, and upon doing so last night, found that the missing share was found on the media player, and still works. I can’t see the share on the app on my mobile devices or on my PC, but I can see it through the media player. 

Hello, we have passed this along to support.

Cheers - they contacted me…

Hi,

I have had the Same issue I have lost my public folder and a alot of shares. the home page shows I have 2.1TB left from $TB but nothing to show for it. 

Any advice?

Hi Did you get it sorted? if so how was it resolved?

Thanks

I am also having the same issue, I cant see any of my shares other that three that where set as public!

I am also having the same issue. My public share is present but my other shares are missing.

I created a new share with the same name as the missing share. This action brought it back.

I Just tried that however it states that the share name is reserved so won’t allow me to do it.

try a “system only restore” and your shares should return.

Only issue is that you loose the previous settings.

I sent off an FTP of my log files after upgrade…so i await to see what the support team come back with.

Since i lost my share folder, named “1080”, i made a new share “1080new” and i copied all the contents back over to the new share from a backup which was 870GB. 

Then when i got home tonight, i renamed the share from “1080new” back to be just “1080” and then rebooted the device and boom, the share got deleted again… all 870GB just gone again in minutes… very frustrating.

I have now created 2 shares, 1080 and 1080new, which are both empty, to see if the files come back…

The dashboard should say 300+GB free but it says 1.2TB Free.

Why is it keep deleting this share? Is it because it contains numbers only or something?  All other 13 shares were fine, except for public folder which also got deleted after fw upgrade.

Public folder was only folder i had set to public, all other shares, including 1080 share were not public.

In my case, (and I’m assuming all cases) the physical data shares themselves under /shares are not deleted because I can see then using WinSCP and SSH to the device. This means that someone “windozy” is messed up and typically get’s corrected using a system only restore.