Firmware 1.03.39 issue

Help…

Prior to update i had several Shares and Users.

After update everything seemed normal. 

Then i tried to access it today and everything seems to be missing. 

All the drives still show normal no disk errors, but and the total available still shows there is data out there, but the shares are gone. and when you try to log in using one of the users it does not accept the user name and password.

I have restarted it twice. 

it also did this 2 days ago and would not let me log on, and lost connectivity while trying to move 20gb of data.

any ideas, do i need to do a system restore? 

Thanks in advance.  

What RAID mode are you using?

It seems to be a known problem with this firmware (prior to this one, everyting was working correctly).

I currently have a support case open with same problem and will follow up if and when I have a acceptable resolution.

I would suggest you open a case with support about this one as well.

I am using RAID mode (Spanned). I plan on using external hard drives for backups, but haven’t configured that yet as i just got the unit a few weeks ago.

as for a support case i opened one this morning but haven’t heard anything back as of yet.  Are you still with out your data or do you have a temporary workaround.

What I found is the actual folders still exist, except that the share name pointing to the actual folder went missing.

I created the same share again mapped exactly as the last time and after setting the newly (re)-created share privleges I was able to brose the share to access my data.

Data is there, the link in the form of the share name to the data is what went missing after the upgrade.

try recreating the exact same share again and see if you can now see your data.

mcanz wrote:

Help…

Prior to update i had several Shares and Users.

After update everything seemed normal. 

Then i tried to access it today and everything seems to be missing. 

All the drives still show normal no disk errors, but and the total available still shows there is data out there, but the shares are gone. and when you try to log in using one of the users it does not accept the user name and password.

I have restarted it twice. 

it also did this 2 days ago and would not let me log on, and lost connectivity while trying to move 20gb of data.

any ideas, do i need to do a system restore? 

Thanks in advance.  

This is currently undergoing investigation.

Regards,