Local Access enablement when MyCloud Services Down?

• I did NOT previously enable Local Access.

• I need to enable Local Access to gain access to files whilst the MyCloud Services are Down

• to enable Local Service, need to log into Western Digital Account

• Can’t log into Westen DIgital Account whilst the MyCloud Services are Down.

ummmmmmm . . . . . what next?

6 Likes

billion dollar question!

It’s been 2 weeks since I lost connection with my wd home duo 16tb.

I really dont care about the cloud system anymore. I just want to use this machine as a local hdd server on my local network.

I have tb’s of important data on my machine which keeps me away from hard resetting the device. I was using mirror mode to be more catious.

In the end, I agree with jensen. Please serve an application that lets people access cloud home duo device locally. What is it that keeps you from helping people out ?

1 Like

Do you have the Desktop app? If you do look at the User Manual Chapter Three (3) and see if it helps.

Nada. That section correctly instructs you to log into your MyCloud account as STep 9. Can’t do that with the servers down . . . . .

Is incredible! Money invested in a device that has now completely died without being able to access its files? SERIOUSLY WD???

What about this?

Not tried it yet but do have an old laptop with ethernet and plan to give it a whirl tomorrow

That is not for My Cloud Home devices, it’s for My Cloud devices.

1 Like

Gotya

Wasn’t it intentional world backup day the other day. What a joke this company is

Their main pages states that they ‘are unable to process orders at this time’ so their business must be hurting

Exactly my problem.

I have loads of information stored.

I enjoyed the remote access. The only way to keep that access is to upgrade the hardware?

How can I backup my old device? Its terabytes of information… plz help

Honestly (and maybe I missed it entirely) but I thought the whole point of this Duo device was that it was accessible through the internet but also directly from your home network to use as a backup HD so you could store your own files rather than putting them on line. If you cant connect to the device in any other way, what’s the point of having them sitting inside your network. Tried hard wiring in to no avail. Not seeing any hopeful updates from WD

1 Like

I was able to use it mapped in my network… little did i know it was because i was logged on the WD discover desktop app.

To access it locally, without the use of the WD discovery app, we should have allowed the “local access” in de web app and set a local username and password. At the moment we can’t access the web app… ence we can’t enable the local access…

What is bugging my mind is the fact that the hardware My Cloud Home Duo is still being sold in stores… but I think the support is being discontinued… at the moment I don’t understand if I will be able to use the backup from phone and desktop, or if it will remain as a simple NAS DRIVE.

I don’t think My Cloud Home devices are being discontinued… only WD Discovery app is.

1 Like

STILL no way to access files locally . . . . going on a week . . . . . . .

may be we should have stayed with the My Cloud Mirror.
I guess that this device would still work know: pure locally

I tried the way WD offers in order to enable the local access, however- whenever I try to get to the dashboard I only get a two raw screen with. „key: „notFound“ message: „notFound“
No connection possible, neither with the host name nor with the ip address.

Now my question is; is the problem that I never got past the initial activation? I mean- I purchased the box 1st of April and the only thing the box was yet able to do is to learn that there is a firmware update and nothing further.

Or is there maybe a different way I can take?

Followed WD instructions to activate local access. Appeared to work in that the system showed a dialog box saying local access was granted. When I go to Windows File Explorer the drive is visible under Network but when I click on the drive I get a network error saying Windows cannot access the drive.

What now?