MyCloudHomeDuo Clarification please!

From what I am reading here, I assume web access to my MyCloudHomeDuo will cease in April 2022 - is that correct? If so please explain (in simple layman terms) HOW I access the data on my device locally? I have read about a DASHBOARD, but am not sure how to access it. Currently it seems I can only access my device through the web. We had a power outage where I live, it lasted over a week. Even after we got power back, we did not have internet service. During that time, no matter what I tried, I could not access my device. So please explain HOW to do that. Thanx! BTW, the device is hardwired to my Gateway/Router. Perhaps the issue was with the Gateway not being able to function without internet (I know our WiFi was totally down during that period as well, and that service is also provided by the same Gateway device).

Are you talking about this ?

They are dropping support to My Cloud OS 3 and lower. My Cloud Home Devices are not affected.

Thanx for the reply. Yes, I am talking about that!

How do I check the version of the O/S my DUO is running? Thank you.

Actually the last version is My Cloud OS 5 but My Cloud Home products run a different OS that does not have a specific name.
You can find all the history of firmware updates for My Cloud Home here (last 7.15.1-101 (10/1/2021)): My Cloud
To check your current firmware version:
From Mobile App and Web : Settings/“your cloud name”