Cloud app not working

Suddenly cannot connect remotely using the app, is this because of the other shenigans wd is up to.  God I Love upgrades they are always so useful; just when you figure out how to use it, some genius needs to upgrade it so they can serve a purpose

You will need to provide more information for people here to assist you. Like what app were you using that is having trouble accessing the WD My Cloud? Were you connecting locally or remotely?

Currently no problems using the My Cloud Desktop app on a Windows 7 PC, My Cloud app for Android, WD Photos app for Android to access a remote WD My Cloud.

Note that as previously indicated both in the stickied thread at the top of the forum an in several other threads here (like this one), the WD2Go.com website is currently undergoing an upgrade and is unavailable. The remote apps should continue to operate while this upgrade is taking place.

windows 8, desktop app

According to customer suport all remote access is gone for the cloud!!!  Can anyone access their cloud remotely using the apps if so what is the secret, because I cannot.  The whole purpose for it is now gone,

bugger39 wrote:

According to customer suport all remote access is gone for the cloud!!!  Can anyone access their cloud remotely using the apps if so what is the secret, because I cannot.  The whole purpose for it is now gone,

Well customer support is wrong. I’m currently able to access a remote My Cloud via the WD My Cloud Desktop app on my PC, and via the WD My Cloud and WD Photo app on my android phone.

Every now and then the Desktop app just sits and spins for a minute or so before it eventually connects to the remote My Cloud unit,

What is shut down is the WD2Go.com site at the moment while they institute a replacement site.