New users cannot connect remotely to WD2go

On August 27, 2015, WD will be upgrading and replacing WD2go.com with a different Web-based access system. We expect that this upgrade period will last several weeks. We will provide further updates on the availability of the new Web-based access system periodically during this time on this page.

You will not be able to use WD2go.com during this time. WD2go.com itself will no longer be available after this period.

Alternatively, you will still be able to remotely access your data using the My Cloud Mobile and My Cloud Desktop App. Your data will not be affected during this period. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Please contact our Customer Support team if you have any questions.

Note: This notice will be up for at least 3 weeks.  If you still need help contact support at the above link.

Bill, while you’re here, put up a sticky notification thread on this USER forum.

I think the first person to notice your notification was Bennor, yesterday, in response to an increasing number of complaints. So maybe your notice (behind a login page) isn’t very prominent.

Locked filing cabinet with a sign on the door saying ’ beware of the leopard’?

Done.

Or you could simply have sticked the thread notice on the WD2Go.com being down that posted yesterday
 :laughing:

Notice: WD2Go.com being upgraded and replaced as of August 27, 2015

Any chance we can make this sticky thread bright red, flashing with bells
? People are still missing it

I Cannot use the mycloud app to access my cloud remotely.  How do I do it.

So that’s the reason I couldn’t login using wd2go
 Wow, some sort of message would’ve been helpful.

So, uhm, besides using the App, is there any way to ‘mount’ my public folder in my standard Windows File Explorer environment? I’d rather not use the App version, as I find it cumbersome and terribly slow
 I wantto access my public folder as a regular folder, that’s why I chose this product in the first place.

Any alternatives to do this, or am I to wait ‘a few weeks’
?

If so, I’d be pretty annoyed as that would seriously make this cloud a lot less easier to use.

1 Like

Hi Bill

I have just created (today 30 aug 2015)  two new users on my wdmycloud box and none of these can login remotely. The login screen keeps on asking for the password. I use the email address of the user and the password that I careated for him.

Can you please explain the procedure of what to do.

Normal connection is working fine.

Thanx

How do I share folders with people outside of my network whilst this is going on for ‘several weeks’? Sharing links come back with an error.

batgaz wrote:

How do I share folders with people outside of my network whilst this is going on for ‘several weeks’? Sharing links come back with an error.

Apparently to access the My Cloud remotely one will need to use one of the following WD apps/software programs now that the WD2Go.com site was taken offline in order to be replaced. The person wanting remote access will need to install one of the following software, apps. One will have to generate a code through the WD My cloud Dashboard for the user to enter manually into that software/app to grant remote access.

WD My Cloud Desktop for Windows

WD My Cloud Desktop for Mac

WD My Cloud on the App Store on iTunes - Apple

WD Photos on the App Store on iTunes - Apple

WD My Cloud - Android Apps on Google Play

WD Photos - Android Apps on Google Play

WD 2go - Windows Phone

Hello,

i bought myself a WD My Cloud yesterday and i didnot know about these problems before so it took a lot of time until i saw this post here. At first i thought it was something with my Laptop that i get a blank page when i click on the link in the invite email
 i really hope this progress wont last that long because i want to learn how i can use the My Cloud device without any trouble and the complete functions including the web interface.

Greetz

Hi Angrybirk

Dont wish to worry you, but I purchased a WD2EX in March and some 6 weeks later lost remote access using my mobile devices.

Despite logging an issue with the support desk, and following many emails between myself and the support desk, which included duplicates of previous emails from the support desk, and at least one totally intelligable email, I am still trying unsuccessfully to get remote access.

The support from WD is pathetic, I have retrned log files, offered username and password access to my device, but so far nothing of any value has been suggested.

I wish I had returned my unit as it is not fit for purpose. My only hope now is that someone posts something in the community related to remote access, as I dont believe the support team are either interested, or care what happens to individuals.

Best of luck

It is completely inappropriate for a company to discontinue a service before having a new service up and running, tested and ready for release. To tell your customers you are just SOL when you are trying to run a business and need access to your drives is pathetic and is going to force people to go elsewhere in the future.

The My Cloud Mobile app is fine for those devices and the My Cloud Desktop App is painfully slow and does not allow the flexibility for software to connect to the drive, so I can not open say my pictures, music, movies, documents within their apps until I copy them to my local computer first which has to be done one file at a atime or one folder at a time.

It would have also been nice to receive an E-Mail stating this was going to happen, heck sending system outage messages would be nice. Don’t seem to get anything from WD anymore.

does it mean, in future i need the desktop app? if i want to show a friend anything i have to install the app? That cant be the solution^^

Or does “Web-based access system” mean, that i can use the browser like wd2go.com?

why can’t we get an update on how many more ‘several’ weeks this is going to take?

The reason I have this product is to access my folders through windows explorer and I need a web based access system to do that, not the desktop app.

I am happy about the upgrade but very disappointed in the lack of communication on the progress or how much longer it is going to take, as it has already been ‘several’ weeks (and WD2go stopped working even before the 27th).

I can not find any information about the update on the Customer Support page. 

mamasonshine wrote:

why can’t we get an update on how many more ‘several’ weeks this is going to take?

The reason I have this product is to access my folders through windows explorer and I need a web based access system to do that, not the desktop app.

I am happy about the upgrade but very disappointed in the lack of communication on the progress or how much longer it is going to take, as it has already been ‘several’ weeks (and WD2go stopped working even before the 27th).

I can not find any information about the update on the Customer Support page. 

By the end of this month, things should be up and running.

I have tried repeatedly to get my mobile device to connect via My Cloud Mobile  .  It fails, claiming the password is not good.

I’m well aware of the delay to get working code in place, but thought the work arounds provided by Bill would be an interim solution.

What am I missing?  Why doesn’t the solution referenced in his posting for My Cloud Mobile work?:

“Alternatively, you will still be able to remotely access your data using the My Cloud Mobile and My Cloud Desktop App. Your data will not be affected during this period. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.”

Harvey1958 wrote:

I have tried repeatedly to get my mobile device to connect via My Cloud Mobile  .  It fails, claiming the password is not good.

I’m well aware of the delay to get working code in place, but thought the work arounds provided by Bill would be an interim solution.

What am I missing?  Why doesn’t the solution referenced in his posting for My Cloud Mobile work?:

“Alternatively, you will still be able to remotely access your data using the My Cloud Mobile and My Cloud Desktop App. Your data will not be affected during this period. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.”

im having the same trouble.  everything worked until I needed to generate a code to log in.  I lost all remote connectivity 

So until WD2go is back up we really do not have a Cloud.  Come on WD, bring the site back up !!!

cruz21105 wrote:

So until WD2go is back up we really do not have a Cloud.  Come on WD, bring the site back up !!!

It will be soon.