New users cannot connect remotely to WD2go

Thanks for the update…

Are we talking days, weeks, months or next year. ???:cry:

Wow…today.:smiley:

Yes. Good news. See the new thread and post any comments or issues with the new WD2Go.com site to it so we can avoid having numerous threads on it.

Update: WD2Go.com Back Online!!!

The wd2go or wdmycloud website take me to a login page.  I enter my username and password, and the page changes to “Signing in …”, but never finishes.  No messages or status.  Hints?

Firmware is v04.04.00-308.  Powered down and back up.  Told unit to resend email.  Clicked link in email and logged in.  Changed to “Signing in…” and hangs there.  Still haven’t a clue what it is waiting for.  I can access the files locally.

Hey guys, I’m new to the WD community and the My Cloud.

I’m using the WD My cloud in my private network with my MacBook Pro and everything (including backups and music shares) works fine so far.

Now I’m trying to map my shares as a network drive when I’m not  in my private network but somewhere else with internet access. I’ve read that this is possible via the wd2go.com website but I can’t find any option there to do so. I can login and see my shares, download and upload files but can’t seem to find the option to map those shares for my MacBook. I want to do this because my iTunes library is located on my cloud and it would also be cool to backup my laptop from anywhere in the world.

Thanks for your help and have a good day.

See the  Update: WD2Go.com Back Online!!! thread where this issue is discussed. It appears WD has removed the option to “map” a drive remotely though the WD2Go interface. Instead one can use the WD Sync program to somewhat replicate the drive mapping.

Thanks for your reply. Sadly this does not help me at all since I need it as a network drive for iTunes and TimeMachine.

Same here.

This does not work for me, and I also think the proper way to do this is MAAPING the drives remotely in our computers.

Cheers.

We’re looking into something similar to this, now.   I’m having your post escalated for this, in any case.

1 Like

same here, tried yesterday and again today, stuck at “signing in…”

I am not stuck at signing in, I am stuck at the new interface that no longer has any ability to go to settings or anything else for that matter other than files and shared.

can you elaborate on your problem , because i was facing a problem that sond similar and it was solved by simply clicking the highlighted “accept certificate from your cloud” in blue letters than i just clicked trust and acept the risk and viola my cloud popped up in my browser after logging in . hope this helps

WD on aside note it def was a **bleep** move to remove the web based mapping feature , i for one am suggesting that you put it back ,asap, thanks in advance.

Not sure to whom elaborate is directed.  Still today, I login, it displays the " https://files.mycloud.com/home.php?brand=webfiles" page with the blue MyCloud symbol and bar at the top.  The rest of the page is blank except for the “Signing in…” message about an inch below the blue bar and horizontally centered on the page.  There is nothing to click on.

By the way, if it’s of any use in solving the problem, if I login through https://webfiles.wd2go.com/, it shows a laptop to mycloud device and a message saying establishing a secure connection, then says “no one is sharing anything with you right now”, and eventually shows the message "… time out for inactivity

If I instead login through https://files.mycloud.com/, I get the permanent “Signing in…” message.

On my MtCloud device, I am the admin.  
On the Users page, my share shows full access.  
On the share page, my user shows full access.  
My share has Public Access and Media Serving Off.

My connection status is:

Connection Status Connected

Port forwarding connection established.

We’re definitely looking into this, but there are a couple of things you might try.

1. Reboot the drive.
  2. Try different browsers (making sure you have the latest browser version).
  3. Make sure you’re not behind a corporate firewall when you are trying to connect.
  4. Also make sure you’re going directly to mycloud.com, and not to wd2go.com.  This may require you editing any bookmarks you are using.

Cannot log into mycloud with WD2go with windows phone 8.1

Since updating to the latest version I cannot access files on my cloud, I can login to the drive but when I try to access folders inside the shares I get the message   " WD 2go No Neywork available " Bill can you look into this ???

1 Like

rayzor wrote:

Cannot log into mycloud with WD2go with windows phone 8.1

Since updating to the latest version I cannot access files on my cloud, I can login to the drive but when I try to access folders inside the shares I get the message   " WD 2go No Neywork available " Bill can you look into this ???

I may not have been very clear on this, but there should no longer be any references to wd2go.  That’s why you getting “No network avaliable” for it.  Everything has to now go to mycloud.com.  Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

OK,  Thanks Bill, so I no longer use the WD 2go app, I have setup mycloud.com and I’m getting the message

“No devices available” please contact device owner (admin)

Seems very strange that WD pulled the only windows phone app available.  this cannot be correct ???

Regards Ray

I’m running Firefox 41.0 for LinuxMint.  I am using UBlock Origin to block ads, and it must think MyCloud is suspect.  If I disable UBlock, I can login and see my files.  So Now I have to figure out how to add a rule to allow MyCloud through.