Can't Connect

I’ve tried everything I can but I cannot connect to my MyCloud, which is horrible because I have important data on there.

I have gotten various erros such as “devicexx8347-ea6a606f.wd2go.com refused to connect.” to “Can’t Connect To WDMyCloud” to 5xx errors.

Is there anyone else who has had this and solved it? Or at least come up with a workaround?

There was a disruption in the service over the last 24 hours.

Basic troubleshooting steps is to disable remote access option in the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings. Wait a few minutes, then re-enable the remote access option and see if the issue clears itself.

1 Like

Where is your device and how are you trying to connect? Have you tried files.mycloud.com ? It was working earlier when I tried it. As already stated by Bennor it was down yesterday.

I’m getting this now. I followed the directions but only get this,

MyCloud.com is working on my end.

If you haven’t done so already turn off Cloud Access/Remote Access in the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings. Wait a few minutes. Then re-enable the option and wait for it to indicate it’s connected. Or try changing the setting for Cloud Access to Manual and use alternate ports (like 8080 and 4443) then port forward those ports through the router firewall to the My Cloud.

1 Like

Doing the first step by disabling the Cloud Access/Remote Access in the My Cloud Dashboard Settings. :thinking:

The issue is on Western Digital’s end. I have not had access for 2 full days now. The first issue was the login part of files.mycloud.com. They fixed that, but broke all kinds of other stuff in the process. I can confirm that my device is also not showing on the site. The phone app has also been broken since they fixed the cloud login.

1 Like

The first part or first step did not work for me. I’m going to try the Manual and alternate port a try but till tomorrow morning. I’m using the cloud at my small business. Headed home for the day. Hopefully, there’s some good news tomorrow.

same here.

Hi, this one, with change of ports, is working (!) Thanks!

1 Like

Let’s post here if your connection to cloud is down as well, let WD hear us… :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Remote access disabled (970) and ERROR 905

we have the same problem, we cannot access the NAS through remote access

hace 2 dias que no puedo ingresar a la unidad via web. he seguido todas las opciones de resolución de problemas y el acceso web aun esta caído. alguna idea ?

I did the second step that Bennor recommended - Change the setting for Cloud Access to Manual and use alternate ports (like 8080 and 4443) then port forward those ports through the router firewall to the My Cloud.
Once done, log in through the web browser will require a couple attempts, maybe 2 to 3 times, before everything shows up. This was my outcome.

As for the mobile app, mine is still down…

I bought my EX2 on Monday of this week. I can’t connect and can’t load anything on to it. I was beginning to think it was me!
Any suggestions as to where I should start? I f I try to copy any files from finder to the drive I get an error message. Help!

Thanks Bennor! The second part of your instructions helped:

Or try changing the setting for Cloud Access to Manual and use alternate ports (like 8080 and 4443) then port forward those ports through the router firewall to the My Cloud.

Glad it helped. Unfortunately this latest problem with remote access highlights how a single point failure on the manufacturer’s end can cripple a major feature of a device. Because the My Cloud has limited methods of remote access one can loose all access to the device if there is a failure on WD’s end.

Obviously those with the multi bay My Cloud units have more options for configuring remote access alternatives to MyCloud.com. We single bay users don’t and are basically limited to officially using either insecure FTP or MyCloud.com/My Cloud mobile apps.

What this incident should show users is they should investigate setting up a VPN server (or similar methods of secure remote access) on their local network and bypass WD entirely for remote access to their My Cloud device.

1 Like

Hi All, just to keep the pressure up. I also have no access with My Cloud EX2 for a couple of days already. I hope this is fixed soon.

I’ve done so several times and it didn’t help. 3rd day without access. Buyed this piece of sh … in December, going to return it this weekend and get back to Synology. What a waste of time.