[APP] Transmission various versions for firmware V4+ (05/2020)

Приветствую Вас Назар! Есть ли инструкция на русском языке?

[MOD: Google translation:]

Welcome Nazar! Do instruction in Russian?

works with v04.01.01-413 firmware?

LarsK2 wrote:

Thanks a lot for your guide Nazar, works quite well for me, but I’m having a couple of issues.

Fisrt, when i use the GUI from a remote ip, it will work fine for a minute, two, ten or sometimes an hour, all of a sudden I will get an error message in my browser that The path doesn’t exist on the server, or sometimes that permission is denied. To work around this I can logon to my Asus RT-AC66U, remove the forwarding to the WD, re-add it straight away, and we’re back. 

I get this in my browser:

Not Found

The requested URL /transmission/web/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-------------------------------------

Are you using Apache’s rewrite cause I saw the error you posted before edited? The port forwarding should be on port 9091 and accessed from http://your-public-ip:9091/transmission.

Which leads me to my next issue, when restarting the daemon, my finished torrents doesn’t come back up… Any ideas, I’ve tried looking in the settings file, but haven’t really found anything about it.

I’m not sure about this. But if you’re planning to seed, the torrent file is still available in the torrent path. You could always reopen back in transmission.

Also, would it be possible to get a hold of your ‘unrar’ package for the 64page sys? Im running the 4x.413.

I’ll post this soon. It will include all the stuffs that I produced for the 64K builds.

Again, many thanks for your efforts!

Lars

Please see above.

Ben235 wrote:

Приветствую Вас Назар! Есть ли инструкция на русском языке?

Sorry I don’t speak Russian. But the steps are easy summarized from the first post (google translated):

1. SSH в вашей WD My Cloud

2. Нажмите на ссылку ниже, чтобы получить учетные данные затем вставьте в ваш SSH:

http://nazar.bagus.org/wdmycloud

3. Затем вставьте ниже вашего SSH для запуска инсталлятора:

curl nazar.bagus.org/installer.fcgi?transmission_2.84-1|sh;

Kyojin wrote:
works with v04.01.01-413 firmware?

Yes for any V4 firmware.

thanks!

Nazar78 wrote:

LarsK2 wrote:

Thanks a lot for your guide Nazar, works quite well for me, but I’m having a couple of issues.

Fisrt, when i use the GUI from a remote ip, it will work fine for a minute, two, ten or sometimes an hour, all of a sudden I will get an error message in my browser that The path doesn’t exist on the server, or sometimes that permission is denied. To work around this I can logon to my Asus RT-AC66U, remove the forwarding to the WD, re-add it straight away, and we’re back. 

I get this in my browser:

Not Found

The requested URL /transmission/web/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-------------------------------------

Are you using Apache’s rewrite cause I saw the error you posted before edited? The port forwarding should be on port 9091 and accessed from http://your-public-ip:9091/transmission.

Which leads me to my next issue, when restarting the daemon, my finished torrents doesn’t come back up… Any ideas, I’ve tried looking in the settings file, but haven’t really found anything about it.

I’m not sure about this. But if you’re planning to seed, the torrent file is still available in the torrent path. You could always reopen back in transmission.

Also, would it be possible to get a hold of your ‘unrar’ package for the 64page sys? Im running the 4x.413.

I’ll post this soon. It will include all the stuffs that I produced for the 64K builds.

Again, many thanks for your efforts!

Lars

Please see above.

Think I’ve found the solution.

Earlier i tried installing rtorrent, doing an apt-get update, and installing a newer version of apache. Something there probably got messed up. I tried reflashing the firmware, but still got the 404 error message (after reinstalling Transmission). I did the firmware reflashing another two times, and a Quick system restore. It seems to be working for now.

other dude, i can change the folder?? because all download to public/transmission folder

Kyojin wrote:

other dude, i can change the folder?? because all download to public/transmission folder

Change download directory in the configuration file: /root/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json

@LarsK2

Glad you’ve fixed it. Even though there’s new repos popping up for firmware v4, I don’t recommend doing the apt-get unless you know what you’re doing. It could break another installation because I think WD didn’t stick to available wheezy standards which could cause dependency issues.

Hi

I am facing issues with transmission setup on my wd cloud. The downloads are extremely slow ( 10~20 KB/s ), even for torrents which are seeded on my own seedbox for testing purpose. Same torrents downloaded on my laptop using utorrent come through at line speed ( ~2MB/s ). 

I have tried reinstalling transmission but the speeds haven’t improved. Any suggestions ?

akg7091 wrote:

Hi

I am facing issues with transmission setup on my wd cloud. The downloads are extremely slow ( 10~20 KB/s ), even for torrents which are seeded on my own seedbox for testing purpose. Same torrents downloaded on my laptop using utorrent come through at line speed ( ~2MB/s ). 

I have tried reinstalling transmission but the speeds haven’t improved. Any suggestions ?

Don’t think reinstalling transmission would fix anything. Please try reboot both wdmycloud and router see if it helps.

How i can do this? I’m a noob :smiley:

Kyojin wrote:
How i can do this? I’m a noob :smiley:

• As usual SSH to your wdmycloud.

• Stop transmission first else the new settings won’t get saved:

transmission-stop

• Then edit the transmission config file using vi or example below using nano. Use the arrow keys to scroll to the line “download-dir”: “/shares/Public/Downloads” and change to your preferences. Press CTL+X to exit and answer “Y” to save:

nano /root/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json

• Restart transmission:

transmission-daemon

Hi, I’ve recently changed transmission web interface for another one named Shift ( https://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtopic.php?t=12555)..)

Since I’ve found it more useful than the default web interface, I’d like to share with you how to try it (it’s safe, since you don’t have to install anything)

transmission-stop
cd
wget https://github.com/killemov/Shift/archive/master.zip
unzip master.zip
export TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME=/root/Shift-master (Directory where you unzipped master.zip)
transmission-daemon

Done!, you should now have the new interface enabled.

To start transmission with no need to set the environment variable each time, I’ve made a script /usr/share/bin/transmission-start, with the following

export TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME=/root/Shift-master
transmission-daemon
1 Like

Hi Joaco_AR,

Looks great and thanks for sharing.

Btw I think need not create the script for the environment. Can just export the variable in the /root/.bashrc /root/.profile. Also need to edit the crontab to do the export as well else after reboot the interface will start as stock.

Do edit your post, I’ll link it as an addon credits to you.

Insert into bashrc so the environment is permanent:

echo "export TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME=/root/Shift-master">>/root/.profile;

crontab -e then insert the export before the daemon starts:

@reboot export TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME=/root/Shift-master && /usr/local/bin/transmission-daemon

Thanks Nazar!!,

your solution is better since you don’t have to create an additional script.

plz help me

i open the settings.json file and

download-dir is /root/Downloads

incomplete download is /root/Downloads

watch dir is /shares/Public/Tramnsmission/Downloads

i must change watch dir???

thanks

Kyojin wrote:

plz help me

i open the settings.json file and

download-dir is /root/Downloads

incomplete download is /root/Downloads

watch dir is /shares/Public/Tramnsmission/Downloads

i must change watch dir???

thanks

Yes you might wanna change those too.

I tried to add the new webUI according to your instruction. But it doesn’t work. When I open the transmission in a webpage (using ie or ff), it still shows the old interface. Can you help me? Thanks.

Btw, awesome guides. Thanks a lot for making them!