[APP] NZBGet various versions for firmware V4+ (02/2016)

Live Counter

Note: Can’t see live counter image above? Try again later as my WDMyCloud is offline!

Built for speed, works everywhere – NZBGet is written in C++ and designed with performance in mind to achieve maximum download speed by using very little system resources.

This is NZBGet various versions for WDMyCloud V4 Firmware successfully built with 64K page size memory patch. For setups and details, refer to  http://nzbget.net/.

For those interested on how to build from the source, refer to this  thread. It may help others to continue supporting the 64K page size memory for other packages. Below are my simplified instructions on how to get it installed on the V4 firmware (will not work on older firmwares). 

AND I have also made an online generic 64K page size memory package installer to simplify the installations of Debian packages on WDMyCloud. This will not work on older version 3 WD firmwares and I’m not planning to support it either as I’m sticking with the V4 firmwares. Based on dynamic server-side FastCGI, perl and shell scripts, I’ll be using this method for newer guides from now onwards. Feel free to parse the script codes. All bug reports, opinions and suggestions are welcomed.

The Generic Online Installer:

1) Auto download of required debs including its dependencies if any.

2) Debs installation in the required order to prevent dependency issues.

3) Auto run custom configurations if any.

If you proceed further, you are fully aware of the usual WD’s _warranty void _clauses including disclaimer from any damages that may resulted from this guide.

• Enable SSH on your NAS from the WD DashBoard settings if not done so. SSH to your NAS port 22 using i.e. putty root@wdmycloud.

• To proceed with the installation, first you need to get the username and password from me. The credentials will expire hourly e.g. “1AM,2AM,3AM…” to prevent intentional abuse on my network resources. Click on the link below to get the credentials :

WDMyCloud | TeaNazaR.com

• After obtaining the credentials, just copy & paste into the SSH terminal session of your WDMyCloud:

export NAZAR78_USER=user; export NAZAR78_PASS=pass; export NAZAR78_KEYS=keys;

• Then run the online installer on your WDMyCloud copy & paste as below, follow the instructions and enjoy (-:

Version 15.0-1:
    curl teanazar.com/installer.fcgi?nzbget_15.0-1|sh;

Version 16.4-2:
    curl teanazar.com/installer.fcgi?nzbget_16.4-2|sh;

For quick backup and restore when WD release newer firmware update:

• Refer to the NZBGet WebGUI settings.

Online Installer change log:

[20150626] Added NZBGet v15.0-1.
[20150706] Changes to load daemon configurations from /etc/nzbget.conf.
[20160112] Added UnRAR v5.30 support.
[20160219] Added NZBGet v16.4-1.
[20160222] Replaced NZBGet v16.4-1 with v16.4-2 due to issues with GnuTLS.
3 Likes

This is just what I’ve been looking for, thanks for sharing! Will let you know how it goes.

thanks for it

i cannot use pyload, maybe i can use it …

which port it used ?

It’s stated in both the installer and official site, 6789.

For details I suggest you read more, http://nzbget.net/Web-Interface

This is awesome, thanks a lot! 

note:

There’s a mistake with the configuration. The same file is used as config file and as config template file:

/usr/local/share/nzbget/nzbget.conf

This is not how it was intented and will mess up the web interface. You should copy this file to another location. The original file will then serve as the template for the webserver and should never be altered. The newly copied file will be the config file which will be altered automatically when making changes in the web interface.

Finally, you need to set the location of the new file in the init.d startup script.

@joskevermeulen,

No problem.

About the mistake with the configuration, I don’t think it is right or wrong as long you know your stuffs. Even on the standard Debian SID the path is the same. See here https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NZBGet and here (how I build this) http://nzbget.net/Installation_on_POSIX quoted:

The program looks for configuration file in following standard locations (in this order): 

On POSIX systems: 
 <app-directory>/nzbget.conf (since version 15.0) 
 ~/.nzbget 
 /etc/nzbget.conf 
 /usr/etc/nzbget.conf 
 /usr/local/etc/nzbget.conf 
 /opt/etc/nzbget.conf 

You can use any other path and name but then you need to pass the full filename of the configuration file when starting NZBGet: 
nzbget -c /path/to/nzbget.conf -D

If you put the configuration file in other place, you can use command- line switch "-c <filename>" to point the program to correct location. 

In special cases you can run program without configuration file using switch "-n". You need to use switch "-o" to pass required configuration options via command-line.

P/S: I’m just helping out to build for the v4 firmware owners. I never used this app before so I can’t comment much about the web interface messing up when sharing the config file, so I just leave it as it is. Feel free to share and discuss any issues with the folks here.

It’s not a big issue, just in some cases (example: adding a 2nd server) extra lines will be added to the config file. But since that same file is also used as the template config to fill the webserver, these extra lines will appear in the settings menu of the webserver on each page. Then each time you save your settings, these lines get duplicated in the config file. 

When I noticed this was happening, it had allready been duplicated to around 60 extra (faulty) lines. This in turn made nzbget, on start up, complain about parameters being badly configured.

By the way, the part you quoted was indeed about the ‘editable’ config file. However there was a bit more just before that:

NZBGet needs a configuration file. After make install an example configuration file nzbget.conf is installed into /usr/shared/nzbget/nzbget.conf. Use command:

make install-conf
This command copies the configuration file into /etc/nzbget.conf and makes few changes in the file to adjust to your system paths. If you don't want the file to be system wide available you can instead of "make install-conf" copy the file into your home directory, open the file in a text editor and make sure the option ConfigTemplate is set properly. All other options can be edited later via web-interface.

This part instructs copying the example config file ( = template) to another location first. Then proceeds with the part you’ve quoted. So basically they leave the first file untouched (template), and use the second file as the normal config file which can be altered manually or from within the webserver

PS: it’s also for ease of use. The template config file has around 1700 lines. The new config file (after the first save in the webserver) will be stripped from comments and will end up at around 200 lines, making it a lot easier to overview.

@joskevermeulen

I usually stopped at just make and didn’t continue the make install or make install-conf in this case because it’s my test build machine. Then after packaging I’ll just make clean-up :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you saying nzbget needs two separate nzbget.conf one for the settings and one for web interface? Is the extra lines you mentioned a known bug? Then someone should notify the developers.

I’ve looked into Debian’s SID repo there’s only one nzbget.conf file but it’s in the webui path lol. /usr/share/nzbget/webui/nzbget.conf.

I can do a quick fix, but where is the appropriate place to place this file? /usr/shared/nzbget/nzbget.conf for webui and /etc/nzbget.conf for daemon? As said I never use this nzbget before, just merely helping to build for you guys.

Nazar78 wrote:

Are you saying nzbget needs two separate nzbget.conf one for the settings and one for web interface?

yes

Is the extra lines you mentioned a known bug?

I guess it’s just a consequence of using the same config file twice, no idea.

I’ve looked into Debian’s SID repo there’s only one nzbget.conf file but it’s in the webui path lol.  

Yes indeed, I believe they started doing this in nzbget 12. Don’t know why, it’s very confusing.

I can do a quick fix, but where is the appropriate place to place this file? /usr/shared/nzbget/nzbget.conf for webui and /etc/nzbget.conf for daemon?

That’s good. Any of the locations in your previous quote would be OK too. Point to this file in the init.d script.

nzbget -c /etc/nzbget.conf -D

As said I never use this nzbget before, just merely helping to build for you guys.

Lol I had been struggling with the whole config thing before, I know their instructions aren’t very clear.

Thanks again for compiling this for v4, I really appreciate it! It’s waaaay better than the previous 0.7.0 version :smiley:

Finally got round to installing nzbget on my shiny new mycloud. Works a treat. Download speeds faster than I expected and I didnt brick the thing (never used Linux before). A little bit of mucking around with the nzbget.config as described in above posts, but overall very straight forwards.  Thank you Nazar!

Thank you very much for this. Working flawlessly.

Can you please build a Sonarr(NZBdrone) app as well?

This would be amazing.

Thank you

ilrhaes wrote:

This would be amazing.

Thank you

I’ll add Sonarr to the to-do list. Keep a look out for my new post.

1 Like

[20150706]
- Changes to load daemon configurations from /etc/nzbget.conf.

For those who already installed, you have two options:

1. Copy /usr/local/share/nzbget/nzbget.conf to _/etc/_nzbget.conf. Edit the /etc/init.d/nzbget.conf to below and restart the daemon from the terminal: service nzbget restart

DAEMON_ARGS=“-c /etc/nzbget.conf -D”

Or

1. Just simply reinstall from my installer.

Nazar78 wrote:

ilrhaes wrote:

This would be amazing.

Thank you

I’ll add Sonarr to the to-do list. Keep a look out for my new post.

Hi,

are you still interested in building Sonarr? I would try it myself because I checked the guides you guys made and perfectly build something like htop.

But I don’t know how to use the setup-script with packages that are not coming from debian. So I’m very interested in Sonarr.

Think you posted the same question on my blog, I’ve replied.

Hi.

Sorry for my bad english.  I´m very nooby with Linux and the mycloud. I have a Error on the Installation.

Checking resources...
Downloading -> nzbget_15.0-1 (859,394Bytes)...
100%[======================================>] 859,394 243K/s in 3.5s

2015-09-24 07:44:51 (243 KB/s) - `nzbget_15.0-1.deb' saved [859394/859394]

Success! You're currently left with '2' download attempt(s).

##################################################################
 # WARNING! Attempts to abort this process may brick your device! #

Installing required files by dependencies...
Installing (1)-> nzbget_15.0-1.deb 840KBytes...
Error-1: Unable to install required files! 'nzbget_15.0-1.deb'

Do you have an idea what is wrong?? 

Before, i update the source.list and install unrar and par2. But i make a mistake. i forget to save the old source.list. :frowning:

Is this mistake the reason for the error??

@HellFire

Not sure but using apt-get for v4 firmware is dangerous. I just tested and I can install them successfully:

Checking resources...
Downloading -> nzbget_15.0-1 (859,394Bytes)...
100%[======================================>] 859,394 1.03M/s in 0.8s

2015-09-25 16:52:50 (1.03 MB/s) - `nzbget_15.0-1.deb' saved [859394/859394]

Success! You're currently left with '2' download attempt(s).

# WARNING! Attempts to abort this process may brick your device! #

Installing required files by dependencies...
Installing (1)-> nzbget_15.0-1.deb 840KBytes...OK!

Configuring NZBGet...

Checking if NZBGet service has started...OK! Default WebGUI: http://TeaNazaR:6789. Default WebGUI user/pass: nzbget/tegbzn6789.

Done! Enjoy (-:

You could retry again but before that clean up the previous install:

dpkg --force-all --purge nzbget;
WDMyCloud:~# dpkg --force-all --purge nzbget;
dpkg: warning: overriding problem because --force enabled:
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
 reinstall it before attempting a removal.
(Reading database ... 27836 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing nzbget ...
dpkg: error processing nzbget (--purge):
 subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/nzbget: file does not exist
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 nzbget

I´m afraid when i read this. :frowning: If it would help when i reset the firmware over the dashboard??

After running the dpkg, can you install successfully? Else I’m afraid you’ve made some unknown changes to the system by using apt-get. Best is to reflash the firmware.