[APP] NZBGet various versions for firmware V4+ (02/2016)

No. When i reinstall came the same Error.

How can i reflash the firmware?? With the dashboard??

Yes from the dashboard upload the firmware. Reseting won’t help restore corrupted system file.

Nazar,

Thanks for putting this together, been looking for this since I upgraded to 4.0.  Install went smootly, but I had to add unrar using a 4.0 repo, (I used Fox_exe repo), after that it works perfectly.

No problem, I’ll include rar in the next release. 

I’m running v04.04.00-308 which I thought was the latest but last checked there is an update available. Can you confirm this works with the above version? If so would you recommend keeping it or moving to the next?
This seems obvious but I want to make sure…I’m going to remain on stock to try out nzbget, right? No changes to the system? The only reason I hesitate is I can’t backup all the data. I know there’s always some risk involved. I just want to make sure that if something goes wrong (poor device performance, or worst case scenario a soft brick), the fix won’t involve anything that puts personal files at risk.
Thanks a lot. I’ve been looking forward to this!
So far I’ve haven’t done anything but disable ipv6 and get rid of wdmc files.
Oh yeah. I was also hoping to get mysql working for a unified media library. If you or anyone else knows how to go about that on version 4 it’d be great. Thanks again.

It should be working fine with all v4+ firmware. I haven’t touched the latest firmware yet, in fact I’m still on an older v4 firmware cause I have no time to port over my mods. So any stability issues with the latest firmware you need to ask in a new topic. But I did checked once awhile without upgrading via chroot for compatibility if there’s a newer firmware to ensure these apps still works.

The only issue with firmware .308 was my WebHosting Mods (btw you can find MySQL in that mod), due to Dashboard revamp by WD, but it’s already fixed.

The latest firmware has no major update so all these apps should have no issue.

Thanks. I got busy with other projects all of a sudden so I haven’t been able to do much with the device. But, it’s started freezing videos again and I ruled out network issue so I’m going to need to give it some attention soon. I appreciate the response. Thanks again!

Herby i want to report that i have install nzbget with firmware 4.0 smoothly
Thanks for this build and it is running very well.

But one thing i was missing:

unrar or unrar free.
So can someone help me how to download unrarfre.deb or install it without bricking my wdcloud ?
Because then i can also let nzbget to unrar automatic
It was not included in the nzbget release from Nazar78 at this moment.
Greetings

I’ll include it in the next release.

NAzar78

Thanks for you reply.
Is there also a posibillity to have the unrar_free as standalone package from you repos ?
Or will you release come very soon ?

Greetings Arjan

I’ve included unrar support, just reinstall from my installer.

Hello thanks for the quick response. I wil reinstall it and keep.informed the status.
many thanks.

Good day
I have reinstalled and the unrar is also installed and working

Thanks again !!

Can anyone comment on anything performance related when running nzbget on mc? My specific concern is it may effect smb speeds with the added strain on the cpu…
If there’s nothing noticeable I’d like to try it then see if it can also handle mysql simultaneously without hiccups.
And…are you guys automating this with sickbeard or sonaar? Definetly will feel like I got a bargain on this NAS if I can do all that and still use it to serve all my media on the home network. Thanks in advance!

Not sure about nzbget as I don’t use it much but if you have active downloads, smb speed will definitely affected for that moment due to cpu/io load. Use nice and io scheduling class to prioritize your needs. It’s a good bargain for me. So far I’m quite satisfied with the wdmc, scheduled rsync for rootfs/data backups, flexget + transmission + minidlna for the media and nginx + mysql + php-fpm + perl for the web server hosting multiple sites (including these installers). At times I also does compiling on the wdmc chroot but only for small apps.

Yes take notice that nzbget take cpu when it is running but not so bad as sabnzb was.
I have schedule it from 00:00 till 07:00 when i am sleeping. :smile:So for me no problem.

My next project is the installing of transmission and maybe the minidlna to install.
Greetings

Thanks guys! Definitely gonna give this a try when i have some freetime.

hi nazar, thx for your work,

i still have a question from a beginner of putty. i got your credential and do the export things but when i want to copy the program, i get a error message : “sh: syntax error: unexpected redirection” and i can t see where i m wrong.

regards

Hi Pierre,

Please refer to my email sent to your PayPal registered email.

Hi there Nazar… I am getting this error
curl teanazar.com/installer.fcgi?nzbget_15.0-1|sh; % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0curl: (6) Could not resolve host: teanazar.com

your server is up as I see the bar with download count… i just dont get why i am getting this error… does it has something to do with /etc/hosts ?