Win 10 Network Storage

Okay my Ultra Ex2 has one annoying feature that has been there since purchased. Regardless of the Firmware I’m running it appears in Win 10 under “Storage” for a few minutes and then disappears, few minutes later it reappears. I have no other issues, drives map OK and I can access it fine.

My other My Clouds Gen 1 & Gen 2 single bay are constantly visible.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

@gibbylinks If you haven’t already, try enabling Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support > SMB 1.0/CIFS Client.

Without this enabled I believe you can manually browse to and map drives using the UNC path, but it won’t show up in the Explorer GUI as a storage device.

Huh, I have basically the opposite experience.

Any OS/3 device (MyCloud Gen1; EX2 Ultra, both gens of MPWP) will only SPORADICALLY show up as a computer in the network tab. I have tried the SMB1 thing and almost everything else that has been posted. This is a downright flaky aspect of OS3.

For an EX2 ultra on OS/5; this problem seems entirely resolved, and the device shows up as a “computer” every time; allowing for quick and easy file access. This is one thing they got right in OS/5.

Thanks, but that makes no difference if turned on or off