Why do I sometimes see my NAS unit as its network name and others by the name I chose for it?

When I go to the dashboard using a Web browser, I can use the device name I chose and type “mywddevice” on the address bar. But when I try to map a share as a drive, Windows’ file explorer will show 192.168…etc. Why? Won’t this create a problem further when/if I try to access the My Cloud device by trying to map a share?

Perhaps this all has to do also with the fact that I cannot see my WDDevice under “network” in Windows File Explorer, it it not listed. But when I choose the map drive command shown by right-clicking on the WD access icon on the system tray, my WDDevice does show.

BTW, am I using the terms “share” and “network drive” interchangeably, wrong?. Are they the same thing?

Thank you.

@Nacho18 Look at this and maybe it will help you understand what your computer or browsers are doing.

“Perhaps this all has to do also with the fact that I cannot see my WDDevice under “network” in Windows File Explorer, it it not listed. But when I choose the map drive command shown by right-clicking on the WD access icon on the system tray, my WDDevice does show.”

Are you on a Windows PC with Windows 10?

Thanks for the IP and domain name explanation
Yes,I am running Windows 10, and my computer is connected to the local network via WIFI.