Work around the share not shown on windos 10

This i related to the windows 10 home edition.
the Nass is not shown as a computer or on network.
here is how I got the shares shown so that I could map them as a drive.

install the mc_windows_setup
run the wd my cloud public share
now on the network line you have the ip of your NAS. click this, and your shares are shown, and you can map them as a drive number.
you can now copy this address and set it in on screen as an icon.
if you need to make changes just click this icon and your shares are shown in explore.
hope this help.
BTW it is not a wd error but truly a windows 10 build error

Jorn_Johanesson, please see the tacked first thread of this subforum called Compilation of Windows 10 Methods, Steps and Solutions. There are a variety of methods to potentially solve Windows 10 / My Cloud issues. Accessing the My Cloud via it’s IP address within Windows File Explorer is a suggested workaround for ALL Windows OS’s not just Windows 10 when one cannot access the My Cloud by it’s name (i.e., \\wdmycloud).

https://community.wd.com/t/compilation-of-windows-10-methods-steps-and-solutions/142576

Post edited to fix typos

My problem could not be solved by reading this. It is a windos 10 home edition problem. wdmycloud not shown in explore network so that shares could not be mapped.
It has nothing to do with accessing the Nas in explore 11 or edge, there I had no problems.
mY problem came because after restting the Nas my 4 hds connected to the USB3 port got dublicated/renamed in shares. so no longer working in explore. Thats why I came up with my solution.

The Compilation of Windows 10 Methods, Steps and Solutions provides potential workarounds to fixing the problem of Windows 10 File Explorer not showing the My Cloud when one clicks on Network in File Explorer. In my prior post I made a typo (which I’ll fix). I meant to say Windows File Explorer not Windows Explorer. The sentence should be as follows:

Accessing the My Cloud via it’s IP address within Windows File Explorer is a suggested workaround for ALL Windows OS’s not just Windows 10 when one cannot access the My Cloud by it’s name (i.e., \\wdmycloud).

Edit to add: Further as explained in the other thread there is no need to install the MC software, as there are several methods to find the IP address of the My Cloud without the need for the WD software.

you can be sure of that I have tried every thing mentioned there and none of the suggestions worked. And I was desperate because I could not use my nas from this acer E5 computer until I discovered my solution. It was working on the 8.1 os but after upgrading to win 10 home that was history. I have three other computes with widows 10 professional, and there is not a problem showing wdmycloud as a computer in network.