WDMyCloud.com sign up problems

Same issue here MyCould login.

Message is

“The web access account you requested for could not be created. Ensure that you do not have any network connectivity issues and try again. (250006)”

• MyCould dashboard says that the device is connected to internet.
  • I manage to read/write on the device through LAN (WiFi).
  • Other colleagues in the office can also access through WiFi
  • I assigned a fix IP to MyCloud
  • I enabled PnP on the router

Everything is ok EXCEPT access from internet. So MyCloud is just a WiFi hardrive at the moment. I spent hours and read circa 247 posts

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you

Goto your dashboard, click Cloud Access, click on the any user.  At the top where it says “Cloud Access Status” what does your “Connection Status” say?

@ specialjake, THEMIS. Have you updated to the recently released firmware (3.03.01 )? 

http://www.wd.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfmycloud_s

Yes, both before and after factory reset.

Thanks

I got my 3TB yesterday, and had exactly the same problem, i did a quick format and then it let me sign up for an acount no problem.

The first time i tried setting the drive up was thought may tablet…would not let me sign up, after i did a quick format i used the pc to set it up and it worked

It says “Connected to the internet”. This is why it is very confusing. First the dashboard said it was not connected. I get hints from WDCommunity and did couple adjustments (e.g. fix IP). Now it is connected by still I can’t create a Mycloud account. Thanks

Yes, I did updated the firmware yesterday and placed a lot of hope in this… Then I rebooted MyCloud, rebooted modem. Rebooted computer. 

Still the same issue.

Thanks

@johncf

Why do you mean by quick format? Harddrive/flashdisk type formatting, or factory reset?

Thanks

@tnynyn

Exact message I got from my status is

"

Connection Status  Ready 

Cloud access is now available from your device.

"

But still, when I enter a name and email to sign up is says

“The web access account you requested for could not be created. Ensure that you do not have any network connectivity issues and try again. (250006)”

THEMIS,

try to create a new user on the unit, with a different email address than the one of the user creating the problem and see if that works. I did so many things since I got this unit that I am not sure, but I think I got the same issue when I changed the user name and/or email address…

if you can, try a factory reset.  Dashboard > Settings > Utilities > Quick Restore

I have the exact same problem and this is the second unit I am trying - essentially, getting the same error despite no connectivity issues. Reading files on the drive just fine but no cloud access.

I managed to set up the email account just ONCE after many tries by changing the email address I was using to set up, but wdmycloud.com denied access to the files on the drive shortly after. Did a quick restore on the unit and it has never worked since.

While trying to fix this same issue on the first unit, I have enabled uPnP on the router, set static IP and tried port forwarding, none of which worked. Messing with the settings also completely bricked the dashboard (dashboard became inaccessible although accessing the drive contents was fine) and this only got fixed through RMA. Hence, I’m also reluctant to mess with the settings too much now.

Hope there is a solution to this issue. Thanks!

OK. I have been going through the exact same issues. After attempting to call the concierge service several times and being on hold forever, I’ve finally gotten through. Here is what we went through.

First, go to www.yougetsignal.com   this will access your router

Click on “Port Forwarding”

Over to the right, you will see a list of available ports. One at a time, click on “80” and “443” and test each one. Both of these ports have to be open. Both of mine are closed. According to the man I talked to, we as users cannot open them up. You have to contact yout internet provider to open them up.

Hope this helps. I haven’t done it yet, but I will tomorrow morning and then post the results.

1 Like

I have the same problem not sure anyone have a solutions yet? PLEASE!!!

I was typing mail “NAMEsurname@gmail.com” - error.

I tried type "NAME(dot)surname@gmail.com - success.

Im so bored, WD my cloud is the last WD product in my life.

Sorry for my english :-X

1 Like

What solved the problem here was to put the DNS Server I’m using and as a second DNS Server 8.8.8.8 :slight_smile:

The only anoying thing is that Java is used within a browser :frowning:

I had the same problem. It looks as if your email address is already registered at WD and cannot be used again to register once more.

I found the following solution.

After typing the same email address partly in capitals, it was finally accepted.

I typed the whole part behind the @ in capitals.

Example:    my.name123@COMPANY.COM

instead of:  my.name123@company.com

You can hereafter normally use the email address, without having to type with capitals.

2 Likes

Any solutions to this problem?  I’m having problems with this

tnks 

It is working fine now.

but funny bug!!!?

:cry:

1 Like

Hi,

I used a static ip address on the My Cloud and used Google’s DNS Servers for DNS 1 AND DNS 2

Dashboard > Settings> Network > Set to “Static”

Note: Make sure you are using  the correct “Gateway” and “Subnet Mask”. These can be found on a Windows machine by using the “ipconfig” in cmd prompt.

http://http://imgur.com/ilTFRGV

ipaddress = ip address of your My Cloud   (Found in Dashboard under “Network”)

subnet mask = found in cmd prompt

default gateway= found in cmd prompt

DNS1 = 8.8.8.8  

DNS2= 8.8.4.4

Then Save Settings.

This worked for me, and allowed me to send a registration e-mail.

It’s probable that your ISP’s DNS servers do not resolve to the Mycloud.com dns servers.