.WDMC Thumbnails will not be deleted?

Hello everyone,

i have a little problem with my My Cloud Mirror. 

I know that the transcoded files in the .wdmc folders are for cloud access, but there is a problem. If i delete an original file the Thumbnails will not be deleted too. Thats a little security problem, but the larger Problem is that i have hundreds of thumbnails in the .wdmc folder from files which are long sorted away to some other folders.

Is there a way that the thumbnails will be deleted when i delete the original file? If the MCM only scans for new files to create the thumbnails without checking and updating existing folders that can´t be the right way. Or did i get something wrong. 

Hello, You can try re-scanning/re-building the my cloud database from the dashboard and see if this sorts it out. If that doesn’t work you can try to reset the my cloud.

Hi, rebuilding die Cloud Database dosn´t work. What about the data when reseting the MCM?

I think that ist clearly a bug in the firmware. The small 96x96 thumbnails will be deleted but the langer 1024xsomething are not. I hope that that bug will be fixed in the next firmware update.

Sadly i have to warm up this topic again.

With the latest firmware all .WDMC folders are gone, but the Android App still works fine. Where are all the thumbnails now?

The last firmware had the bug (or feature) that the larger Thumbnails will not be deleted if i delete the original file. Now i don´t have control at all what happend to the thumbnails. 

I am sorry to read that you are experiencing more problems with the hard drive. Unfortunately I do not have this information, try  to contact support and see if they have some information on this.

The hidden folders are really HIDDEN now  LOL!!

Simple solution…

• enable ssh
  • login using putty
  • find / -name .wdmc