WD2go App for Windows Phone

Hi!

I bought a WD-NAS-HDD because WD has an app for Windows Phone 8.1. Everysing was fine, but now i cant do anything with this app. since this day i can see the directory-tree, but if i want to open the last dir, i get the message “no connection to network”.

I tried to create with this app a folder named “egghrshg”, then i could see on computer the new folder “egghrshg” - same otherwise.

I created a new activation-code with (the new interfaced “WD-my-cloud”-side in withe?!) i reinstalled the app, but nothing.

the folders are free for public!

thanks!

3 Likes

WD2go has WD2gone…

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud/New-users-cannot-connect-remotely-to-WD2go/td-p/899004

Reading again, maybe you’re not actually wanting WD2go…

Are you accessing locally on your home network, or remotely, from outside?

If locally, don’t use the apps, just map the drive into your computer’s file system; see p23 of the user manual.

For remote access, you’re stuck with the WD Mobile and WD Photos apps until WD launch their news ‘OS3’ client apps.

cpt_paranoia wrote:

WD2go has WD2gone…

WD 2Go is the name of the app for Windows Phones. Have a family member who uses it on their Windows Phone.

For the OP they should try to see if the WD 2Go app on the Windows Phone works on their local network, not remotely, as a first troubleshooting step.

Riiight… That’s not confusing at all, is it…?

:wink:

hi!

thx for your replies!

first: i changed nothing, last week i could work with that app remotely from anywhere, now not even from internal network. With my PC i can do everything. As I said - i can create new folders with that app. And i create new folders with my PC which i can see with my app, but i cant see the content. i have all rights - i changed nothing.

I thought the website wd2go.com has gone, but the app?! i dont believe - WD never shutdown an app without offering an alternative…

and i would say - i miss the website wd2go.com … it was much more easier to create public links with that, now i need a mail program (only “create link” doesnt work).

eeehm… now it works… i tried once again. i did nothing else, changed nothing! but it works! i dont know… :confused:

New to the forum…

Found this thread… Having same issue. Have posted in another thread similar, sorry to duplicate.

If anyone has any idea about this one I’m sure there will be many windows mobile users very relieved to learn the solution!

Many thanks

1 Like

Same problem here, I can’t believe WD removed an app that was working perfectly, the only app for a window phone that worked… crazy stuff… :frowning:

Same here I have a windows phone and the wd2go app. Everything had been working fine for a year and now all of the sudden the same thing happens to me. I can connect to the drive from my home network and when I am out and about. I can see all of the shares no problem I can even create new folders, etc… but when I try to drill down to a folder that contains files I get the error “No Network Available” This probably started a couple weeks ago… I did not change anything either on my network at home, router, mycloud or anything it just stopped working from the app… everything else is fine I have no problem using one of my home computers. The app was ver convienant. Anyone else find anything out as to why this has just stopped workiing on windows phone

Thanks

David

1 Like

hi its also the same from the ios app and android app all showing network connection errors.

You are not alone. how did this ever pass testing?

I’m having the exact same problem - can navigate the folder tree OK but get the error whenever I try to open a folder with files. just silly

LiamD1 wrote:

I’m having the exact same problem - can navigate the folder tree OK but get the error whenever I try to open a folder with files. just silly

The problem is that WD have rescinded the use of the Mobile apps (I think the Android app still works at the moment)

Have a look here for more info:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud/General-Feedback-WD-My-Cloud-OS-3-Operating-Software/td-p/908364/page/3

…and look here to add your wish to have WD reinstate a Mobile app that gives us back the functions we originally had (smash that Kodus button in there!);

http://community.wd.com/t5/Personal-Cloud-Ideas/Windows-Mobile-app-for-MyCloud/idi-p/906853

Best regards

1 Like

Since the discontinuation of the WD2Go Windows phone app, I’ve been trying to sign into mycloud.com but after putting in my login details, I’m getting an error page with the following on it:

HTTP Status 405 -

The specified HTTP method is not allowed for the requested resource ().

So I’m totally unable to access my files whilst on my phone which is naturally very inconvenient!

Any ideas what might be the problem?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Hi, Just been speaking on the phone with WD Technical support about not being able to use the WD2go App for my Windows Nokia Lumia 930. I was not happy with the response, not in the actual answer or the way it was put over. “We are not supporting the Windows Phone Platform anymore!”, came across as a mater of fact as if it was ok to do this and I was stupid for asking why! Anyway, nothing I can add in the way of help, so just want to add to the forum to see if WD will realise this is Microsoft OS, the biggest OS for PC’s globally. More and more people that I deal with, personally and business wise, are moving to Windows Phones as it is the obvious way to link your home Windows PC’s and business servers with emails, appointments etc. etc. With more and more data being required to store files needed for our ever increasing digital requirements, having your own Cloud Storage drives makes economic sense. Special thanks to CrazyJazzMan for his comments. I am new to this forum stuff, so please could you explain in Janet and John language, what and where the “Kudus” button is. Sorry to be thick! Regards P.

1 Like

I’ll echo the terrible Western Digital customer support, Phil! In regards to my issue in the post above, it took 5 responses from them before they even acknowledged the error message! Before that, I had been told the WD2go app had been discontinued (literally, that was the reply). Following that, I was advised to try and install abFiles and I quote “if Windows phone supports the app in order for you to access your files” They didn’t even know if it was supported by my phone yet offered it as a solution! And suggested if I wasn’t happy with the support so far, that I escalate the support request.

What followed was the offer of a $25 voucher to use in the WD store (very useful when living in the UK!) whilst they looked further into my issue.

The next response was an offer to refund me the original purchase price of the drive, provided I returned the drive back to WD. Yes, they would rather refund me than offer a solution!

Finally after making it clear I wanted some solution to the error, I finally got in… And boy, what an awful experience the website is! After trying to navigate the treacle slow loading to locate a file that I accessed quite often in the phone app, I eventually gave up.

So yeah, utterly useless in my experience! And it’s abundantly clear that WD have zero intention of doing anything about this shambolic situation.

4 Likes

to see if WD will realise this is Microsoft OS, the biggest OS for PC’s globally

90% of desktops are using a variant of Windows:

But for tablet/mobile, it’s almost non-existent:

2.45%

Much as I disagree with WD’s decision to drop Windows Phone/Mobile support from a user perspective, I can see why they decided to concentrate on the two dominant platforms of Android and iOS, which together constitute 91% of the market. It was a brutal commercial decision. Whether that was the right commercial decision, time will tell.

And yes, part of that brutal commercial decision would have been estimating the cost of buying back devices from customers who were dissatisfied with the decision, and the loss of function. Just as they would have estimated the buy-back cost of people dissatisfied because they can no longer map their drives remotely. They’ve obviously decided the one-off and ongoing development costs to support these functions would be greater than the cost of buy-back. One assumes they’re spending their development money on future products, not ‘legacy’ support…

Again, time will tell whether they were the right decisions, or whether customers lose trust in their product and product support, and choose to look elsewhere for their future storage needs.

Sadly after an overhaul of the forum they removed that Kudos button ,thus they can blissfully ignore whatever posts & thread they want now.

I’m boycotting WD as a company now, and my “cloud” device will sit at home as solely a home media server & when it gives up it gets the hammer and I buy from a reputable manufacturer.

1 Like

I had the same response ultimately. Surely a company is supported by its customer base? This is one customer they’ve lost I’m afraid. What an absolutely unbelievable shambles.

Regards to all

1 Like

Sadly after an overhaul of the forum they removed that Kudos button

Not quite; it was replaced with the little ‘heart’ icon; a ‘like’. Same concept, different name. In fact, I think kudos carried over to ‘likes’.