WD TV Live Firmware Pre-release Update (3/17/10)

why the ubit can’t remember my subtitle option , I’ve got tired of making the subtitle default to automatically on but after restart it gets off , this happens since wdtv

Hi,

Since I installed the new FW 1.02.19, my Vista laptop constantly askes to install a WDTVLIVE driver…what kind of driver is that, because Vista cannot find this driver?

Greetzzz,

Gerben

I installed the pre-release firmware 1.02.19 because I read in the anouncement about compatibility issues with WiFi USB adapter Belkin F6D4050 “solved”. Since it is nearly impossible to find one of the compatible WiFi adapters in local market (Europe-Greece), I bought this one, thinking that it would work

The WLan menu does not appear at all, so I am wondering what to try next. For the record, the adapter is  Belkin Model F6D4050 v2, and there is no clue anywhere about its chipset.

If anyone has any ideas how to make this adapter work, please give me a hint.

-=dchrys=-

Have you tried a hard reset (little button on side that you need a paper clip for)

Others report some functions do not work correctly until this is done. May be worth a try!

All “seems” good so far… but

As per this new feature… Nothing new, always was able to view by date.  Am i missing something?  Was really hoping it meant when you view a folder, and view by date, not alpha.

—  Added new category in Photo/Video to view by date.

Still wish you could search drives on the network, still only search enable for local drives :frowning:

Best release so far,subtitle location excellent feature. But some mp4,avi,mov files still dont work-start-play properly.

Firmware works great with my wireless USB 300N XR Gaming Adapter WL-321. Am I correct there is no option to save the zoom setting? (0,9x is a better setting with my setup). See also this topic.

with old firmare, i can’t access any of my network shares (win7, win xp pro). I am always told invalid user name or password.

i only can access my nas (seagate blackarmor). But  connection (wired lan) drops after about 18-19 minutes and then i have to restart the device before i can go on watching a video

So i updated to new firmware. changed the workgroup name to the one i am using and i still have the same problem.

But on top of that, i can’t access my nas anymore. I am being told that there is no media in the folder…

so all in all it is rather a step backwards for me :(((((

went back to old firmware

This one works much smoother in almost all areas, thanks!

Anyways, I’m having big problems with the digital (optical) output - the audio is cropping about every 10 seconds with mp4/aac.

Audio
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec 
Format version : Version 4
Format profile : LC
Format settings, SBR : No
Codec ID : 40
Duration : 2h 24mn
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 309 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 428 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Rear: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Stream size : 320 MiB (15%)

Video
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 2h 24mn
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 1 751 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 7 179 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 544 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.35:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Resolution : 8 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.105
Stream size : 1.77 GiB (85%)
Writing library : x264 core 68 r1183M f21daff
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / rc=2pass / bitrate=1751 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00

Support Wd please review the status of legends, its displacement was very good but you need to fix the position which was determined by the User because if I stop the movie and returns the position that I stopped the legend loses the position I put it :cry:, the same goes for the other films, this option should subtitle this in a menu where I could choose to fix or not the same and the failure at least it could be fixed when I move the same down to every film and not lose my setup now, thanks.

Hey guys… According to the release notes it states “Added new category in Photo/Video to view by date.”… so I’m wondering how to do / change that?!

I checked all the settings and pressed every single button on the remote and it still sorts all content alphabetically…

I’m watching my stuff from a windows share…

Thanks in advance…

I just tried the new firmware for a few minutes and had a problem when FFing a high-bitrate .mkv movie. When resuming normal play, the picture will freeze for a few seconds, then start playing with no audio. I went back to the previous firmware and this problem was not there. I guess I’ll wait until the next release.

My gut feeling is that moving high-bitrate files through a wired or wireless network is tricky stuff and someone needs to address that core issue.

I have no problems with AV sync and my wired network snaps online in a few seconds.

Win XP, wired network using Verizon FIOS’s Actiontec MI424-WR Rev. C Modem/Router, HDMI to Yamaha RX-V765 AV Receiver

Is anyone having problems playing back the begining of the movie UP, or the title screen the first couple minutes in on the movie “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs”? My WD TV Live has trouble decoding those spots, have it connected to a wired network and the network activity goes to 100% while playing those particular spots & skips (typically stays between 7-10%). Happens on ripped DVD in both ISO and VOB playback. Same exact content plays back fine when burned to DVD. Just wondering if this is a known problem.

I was looking for subtitle support and hoping for compliance with DVD player features–but neither are here.

My rips have subtitles (English and at least one other lanugage) to test the player to see when support is provided for subtitles but with 1.01.14 and this pre-release verison, 1.02.19, neither seems to stil be supported.

If I burn the video_TS folder that is streamed to the WD Live–Subtitles do appear and I can select either language–not with the WD player–no subtitles are presented for a choice.???

btw, whilst i was watching a high bitrate 1080p mkv movie wirelessly via network share (22Mbit h264-Vid, 1500kbit DTS-Aud) the audio dissapeared and the video kept going after sometime…

i presume that it occured bcoz of bandwidth issues (im using wifi N tho) coz when i stop the video and start it again it plays normally…

is it not possible to say “pause” the video and re-buffer instead of just playing the video without any audio when the wdtv is not getting data fast enough? ala youtube…

I wounder if this firmware ar for the first generation or second generation *?

Still need better subtitle features:

- change subtitle fonts. “arial bold” is a must have!

- the huge distance between rows. It’s a epic-FAIL in this great player.

- option de save the subtitle possition in settings because is really annoying have to change the position to one I like everytime I change the movie.

Thks guys, keep the great work!

I’ve upgraded the firmware from version 1.01.11 straight to 1.02.19, and I’m very happy with this pre-release!

After reset and clean “.wdtv” directory from HDDs:

• 1080p mkv content plays flawlessly from network shares (win7). Loads in 1 sec! This is great!

• Subtitles are almost perfect. Memorize the position of subs is missing and this is a must!

• M-Jpeg playback is a big bonus feature for me, now I can play my HD .mov files from my Panny TZ5 dsc. THANK YOU WD! I really wanted this!

• Everything is faster (menus, browsing, opening files,…).

Thank you WD! Great work!

I think People who have no (AAC/AC3) Audio synch problem  are using HDMI or Network connection.Some pople who use scart a/v connection have audio sync issue? Is it tru? Can you reply me if you have audio issue or not?

Thanks

There is still a bug when playing .ts (i.e. recorded with DVB Viewer). My AVR is not switching to Dolby Mode when choosing Dolby Digital/Dolby Surround audio track although digital output for the WDTV Live (connected via optical output) is activated.