New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.22_V for WD TV Live (3/8/11)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Media Player.  

Please post your experiences in this thread.

3 Likes

I had the same issues with this upgrade as I did 1.04.10 & .17. File stuttering regardless to size of file. Therefore, I went back to 1.03.49 where this stuttering does not take place.

I’ll wait & see how the next upgrade goes.

1 Like

Chuckster679 wrote:

I had the same issues with this upgrade as I did 1.04.10 & .17. File stuttering regardless to size of file. Therefore, I went back to 1.03.49 where this stuttering does not take place.

Don’t they mention in the release notes that they know this isn’t fixed yet?

Known issue with playback of .VOB files over network share.

Merely posting my experiences as requested by OP.

Please improve speeds of Autoframe detection.

Its awesome that its working now and i am muuch enjoying it in Movies now but if you play Videoclips with diff Aspects and Framerate ie NTSC / PAL

every Video now skips up to 5 seconds in the Beginning.

:slight_smile:

Merely posting my experiences as requested by OP.

Oh, in that case… it still won’t play any videos that use unsupported codecs either. :wink:

I wait with each release for 6 months now for PLayon to work again.

I enjoy new features --So DONOT want to roll back, just asking “Bill” when they might address this?

tgato1 wrote:

I wait with each release for 6 months now for PLayon to work again.

I enjoy new features --So DONOT want to roll back, just asking “Bill” when they might address this?

Dude.   Playon was fixed last year!

…  and if you have been waiting SIX months (which would mean September or so) then you have some other problem, because Playon was broken in November’s update, which was roughly 3 and a half months ago.

Not true, show me the link that states that. Everyone I see has you Tony acting rude, as you just have. If nothing constructive to add, plz say nothing at all. I thought you migfht chime in, so I underlined Bill. Very predictable!

Azumi wrote:

Please improve speeds of Autoframe detection.

Its awesome that its working now and i am muuch enjoying it in Movies now but if you play Videoclips with diff Aspects and Framerate ie NTSC / PAL

every Video now skips up to 5 seconds in the Beginning.

Yeah, some of the shows I watch kick off with dialogue from the very beginning.  Not an issue for English language content but, when it’s in Japanese and you can’t read the subs, the player should not be displaying ANY content until after the framerate is determined.

tgato1 wrote:

Not true, show me the link that states that. Everyone I see has you Tony acting rude, as you just have. If nothing constructive to add, plz say nothing at all. I thought you migfht chime in, so I underlined Bill. Very predictable!

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/New-Release-Firmware-Version-1-04-17-V-for-WD-TV-Live-12-30-10/m-p/106642/highlight/true#M8295

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/New-Release-Firmware-Version-1-04-17-V-for-WD-TV-Live-12-30-10/m-p/106946/highlight/true#M8342

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/New-Release-Firmware-Version-1-04-17-V-for-WD-TV-Live-12-30-10/m-p/110964/highlight/true#M8670

… how many do you want?

No, I’m not rude.   I’m impatient with people who throw around false information due to their own refusal to use the search function themselves.

Tony,No where in the update release notes does it say anything about playon fix. I downloaded latest update and everything works except playon.

[delete]

Tony,  do you have any ideas why his Playon isn’t working for him?

@ tgato1, by the way, welcome to the community.  And what os are you using?

@bill:

No idea.   All the complaints pretty much stopped on release of 1.04.17V.

There was a hit just a few weeks ago after PlayOn updated THEIR software, but my understanding was that Playon fixed it within the week.

tgato:  I’ll need more information.

Exactly what’s the issue?   Are you getting error messages, or what?

also trying to find if playon should work on Plus version which latest update is _B not V. o mention in release notes. I have one of each player.

Not every bug fix is mentioned in the release notes.

issue is playon does not show up under media servers as it used to. No error, just not showing accesible. able to get thru network via playstation as well as iphone, so communication via lan and inetrnet.

Beta Firmware and the new Release are the same Files. Release Notes are different. 

The Entry “Incorporated corrected language translations.” is missing in the new Release Notes. That is very strange.

Just updated today and Optical Audio no longer works. I am using an external DAC (Emotiva XDA-1) and it’s always worked up until this update. I noticed HDMI audio works on the TV speakers (normally disabled) but I would love Optical Stereo to work so I can use my 2-channel audiophile reference system again. Please let me know if this will be fixed. Thanks!!!

-Joe

EDIT: I only hear .5 seconds of audio when using optical and then it just cuts out. HDMI works consistently but my DAC does not support HDMI, only optical. And to be honest, I really really wanna disable my TV speakers so I can use my sound system again. I would roll back this firmware but it fixes so many other issues I had prior. Please WD, make the audio work again! Thanks!

My audio system:

WDTV Live! > Optical Out via Emotiva Reference Toslink Cable > Emotiva XDA-1 DAC (supports 24Bit/192kHz) > Emotiva UPA-1 Monoblock Amp (2) > Vandersteen 2CE Sig II Speakers

My video system:

WDTV Live! > HDMI Out > Panasonic 50" G25 THX (with internal Sspeakers normally disabled)

Only a minor bug but fade in/ou transitions are still broken…