WD TV Live Firmware Version 103.22 Pre-release Update (6/9/10)

Attention WD TV Live Users,

We are pleased to offer prerelease WD TV product updates to make your viewing experience better than ever.  We are limiting this to the first few hundred people who download it.  Feel free to install it, but be aware this is beta firmware that we are still testing, so use it at your own risk.

Please post your experiences to this thread.  Do not contact customer support for issues found with this firmware.

WD TV Live Firmware Pre-release Update:   http://www.wdc.com/wdtvlive_prerelease/

[EDIT] 

The pre-release is no longer available.

5 Likes

What about Region-Codes? Any?

six more days and I would have sold it !

Great to see a 12 years old function now in this box.

i will test and make a report.

Nice installing now! :slight_smile:

Thanks Bill ! Installing now

DVD menu works, awesome ! Thanks !

Menu navigation also seems to be much faster, is that correct ?

What format does the DVD navigation support .vob, .iso, .mkv, what format will I need to convert my DVD’s to see these options?

Ace75 wrote:

What format does the DVD navigation support .vob, .iso, .mkv, what format will I need to convert my DVD’s to see these options?

i tried iso and vob, those work for sure.

DVD MENU support for the WDTV LIVE, not the PLUS?  SWEET.

and “Network share intermittent detection issue.”  hope that fixes my intermittent connection issue.  sometimes it doesn’t recognize it on start up, i do an on/off and it’s there.  2min fix, but still annoying.

way to go WD.

i better update right away.

Ok What gives? I’m on firmware 1.02.21 and my menu looks nothing like the instructions. The only way to update the firmware is through the internet and of coiurse it keeps saying it’s up to date. Am I missing something?

Mikencinc wrote:

Ok What gives? I’m on firmware 1.02.21 and my menu looks nothing like the instructions. The only way to update the firmware is through the internet and of coiurse it keeps saying it’s up to date. Am I missing something?

Download the prerelease, extract the files within to the root of a USB drive, and connect it to your WDTV Live. The WDTV Live should detect the firmware and offer to upgrade.

Exactly what I did.

-NO VOLUME CONTROL ADDED

-NO GRAPHIC EQUALIZER ADDED

-NO BRIGHTNESS-CONTRAST-SATURATION setting ADDED

these features were …really needed …other players like Patriot Box office have 'em

WD TV LIVE …must definitly have them…do implement …these features …!!

and Please do take notice i have only mentioned those FEATURES which have been duly Acknowledged by the WD TV …team …in the IDEAS LAB …

people have been requesting for these …since a long time …so please do implement these …ASAP  …

Has this beta firmware added sort by date for photos/videos on Windows shares?

Thanks!

Hexnut

Mikencinc wrote:

Exactly what I did.

Did you try disconnecting your internet connection?  I’d definitely make sure I wasn’t connected (either remove the wireless adapter or the network cable).  Just a thought.

Yes. Even reset it to factory defaults, I’m going to try another USB drive.

That did it. Must have been a bad USB drive.

do post a review on how it is working ?? and whether BD menu also …workin or not …

Well, the install seemed fine. 

I don’t use Media Servers, just Network Shares through a router NAS.

Unfortunately, when I try to access the NAS, I get the standard “There is no media in the current folder”.

I’ve re-entered the logon/pass, and restarted WDTVLIVE, and my roter/NAS.

No luck.

1 Like

veda2810 wrote:

do post a review on how it is working ?? and whether BD menu also …workin or not …

Blu-ray menus will not work (and don’t hold your breath – they need Java and that ain’t happening).