WD Sync is not syncing as expected

I was using WD Sync on my Windows 10 computer and it was working great. Files added or changed on either the NAS or the computer were syncing as expected. Then I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 and I reloaded WD Sync again. Now this time is only copies new or changed files from the computer to the NAS, never the other way anymore. Any help or ideas on getting this to work so that all systems stay in snyc?

WD Sync 1.1.5731
EX4100 with 2.10.310 firmware

Hello,

Please note that you did a clean installation of the OS, so the directories might not be the same.

I replied to you ERmorel a couple of days ago about your suggestion not being my issue. Clicked the Reply button, but my message wasn’t posted for some reason.

Anyhow, I have been deconstructing the WD Sync software and now know how it operates. I have also found how to get the software to ignore certain directories.

The one-way sync issue I was having was resolved by one, or both of the following steps.

1. Delete all the junk files in the hidden .wdsynchistory folders
  2. Rebooting the NAS.

I’m leaning toward # 2 being the final solution as my clean install wouldn’t have any of the junk files anyway.

@dunbone how long does this solution work? 1 day, week, month, etc I have constantly rebuild the content database to work even after deleting the .wdsynchistory folder and/or rebooting the NAS.

@snakedoctorunit Before reformatting my computer, I was using WD Sync for 1.5 months without too much trouble. Just today I got it working again, so hopefully it will be fine for a long time to come.

Some strange troubles that I have seen with WD Sync is the creation of extra duplicate files with the date-stamp.
ie. An original file named bicycle.jpg and then a file named bicycle 2015-11-06 01 22 45.jpg. Don’t know why this happens.

@dunbone I just got a response from support. Not what I want, but need to try. I have a safepoint, but restoring could re-introduce the same code.

This is going to take days for the 1.9TB of data stored. Be simpler for WD to address via firmware for the bad code in the release.

"At the extent of that issue, I would recommend you to move all the information out of the unit,
or back it up somewhere, and do a Full Factory Restore on the unit. You can do
this by accessing the drive’s Dashboard and going to “Settings” and “Utilities”,
where you’ll find “Factory Restore”. Factory Restore, Quick or Full, will delete
everything on the unit so it’s important to back the information up before
attempting to do this procedure. I understand that this is a rather troublesome
step for it’s rather time consuming, but under the circumstances, it is a
necessity.
"