WD Mycoud Blue LED light blinking

Hey Guys,

So I realize I came home on Sunday when i try to access my drive it wasn’t able to connect, I decided to pull the power to reboot i noticed that the blue led light has been blinking none stop and my drive isn’t accessible. Can anyone help me with this?

What version of My Cloud do you have? (Gen1 or Gen2)
Have you read the user manual for your version of My Cloud?
Was “Automatic Updates” left “On”? Do you know if the My Cloud was updated?
What OS are you using to access the My Cloud?

The My Cloud isn’t so easy to diagnose without more info from you?

When you say “wasn’t able to connect” and “inaccessible”, do you mean the file server, or the Dashboard?

When you say ‘blinking’, do you mean abrupt on/off, or do you mean a slow fade on/off?

Can you find out the IP address from the router, and access the Dashboard using that IP address?

Hey!
When you say “wasn’t able to connect” and “inaccessible”, do you mean the file server, or the Dashboard?
Both

When you say ‘blinking’, do you mean abrupt on/off, or do you mean a slow fade on/off?
Abruptly

Can you find out the IP address from the router, and access the Dashboard using that IP address?
When i try to access the dashboard it says can’t connect to WDMyCloud and it shows that i’m offline

Hey SectorGz,

What version of My Cloud do you have? (Gen1 or Gen2)
I’m not sure but i recently got it in May from Amazon, it’s a WD 3TB My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0030HWT

Have you read the user manual for your version of My Cloud?
I have tried to do a reset by inserting a paper clip to reset the router without power then power it with the pin inserted and hold for 40 seconds. But when i release it the blue light still blinks the same. No action taken, the light didn’t pause or change colour to show that it took the reset.

Was “Automatic Updates” left “On”? Do you know if the My Cloud was updated?
It was left on, but if memory serves me right I checked the update a day before and it was current.

What OS are you using to access the My Cloud?
I used both iOS and WIndows 10

The My Cloud isn’t so easy to diagnose without more info from you?
Agreed… However I don’t have a management console to communicate with the NAS, when I got the NAS I connected to network, connected to wdmycloud webpage to access drive or access drive contents via my network which also opens up on a webpage using the ip address of the cloud. it’s in that console i’m able to update etc etc etc… But I do not have a management console on the Mac or PC that acts like the web console. Am i making any sense here? I’m kind of a noob to these things.

I have the same problem! Replace the network kable, reset my device, but it doesn’t reset. Just blinks blue.

Hi I am facing the same issue. The WD My Cloud suddenly cannot be accessed neither from the dashboard or the file system.
The led is blue and flashing/blinking non stop.
Have you solved the issue somehow ?