WD MyCloud Mirror

I’ve got a MyCloud mirror that has been synchronizing for years. It suddenly started failing in the middle of remote backups from my MyCloud EX2, which is running fine. I reset the device, network settings, deleted backups, and created a new backup job. It made it at least through 26% before failing to connect to the internet and stopping the job. It shows as not available online anymore. The drive is not full, so I am not sure why the job ended. Upon reboot, the Mirror connected to the internet again.

I am inclined to buy another WD product to last another three years, but I want to know if there is any diagnostic I can do to check to see if it is the device failing. It always ran slow when locally signing in to the control panel, unlike my EX2, so maybe my unit is a dud? It’s been synching for about a year, so the small bit of info needed to update wasn’t near the size of the 1TB backup I am trying to start over with now - maybe it’s been slowly dying without my knowledge.

I think it’s going to work out. It’s taken three days (51% of 1TB transfer), but the transfer is going. I had to manually update the firmware on both devices. The automatic updates were stopped at version 2.11 and claimed they were up to date. I manually downloaded 2.12 to both devices and they connected again.