WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra Update from OS3 to OS 5

Hi there, I would like to update my device from OS 3 to OS 5. In the support section it says that I need to update the firmware first. In my case to the version 2.41.121 but my device shows the firmware version 5.18.117 last update today 20 min. ago. Now, after downloading the file with the current firmware which I assume is 2.41.121 during the update it says “update is not possible as the update file is not compatible”. Anyone who can help. Am I already able to update to OS 5 as my firmware file version is much higher than the mentioned. Thank you helping me solving his issue. Cheers Hinni

Version 5.18.117 is indeed the OS 5 while the other one you mentioned belongs to the OS 3 series. It appears you probably have your auto update function turned on in your NAS (“last update today 20 min. ago”) so your device should probably be running OS 5 now, and you should not need to do anything else.

Hallo, super! Vielen Dank für das Feedback, das mit sehr geholfen hat. Insbesondere weil ich dachte, mir läuft die Zeit davon und die angekündigte Funktionseinschränkung würde nun eintreten. Dem scheint nun nicht so zu sein und ich bin froh, automatisch die notwendigen Updates gemacht zu haben. Noch einmal vielen Dank und viele Grüße, H. Bey