Problems fo upgrading to My Cloud OS 5

Hi !

I’m receiving a lot of emails for updation my My cloud drive ((P/N: WDBCTLxxxxxxx- 10 ) to OS5. I connected to the admin platform but there is no box “NEW OS 5 AVAILABLE**”. I checked the firmware that is the 5.18.117 version, so I understood that I had to udpate it. I found 3 versions on the website (Section “current Firmware” : Version: Firmware Release 04.05.00-353 (11/17/2021), Version: Firmware Release 5.18.117 (11/1/2021), and Version: Firmware Release 2.41.121 (11/17/2021)) and tried to install them whithout any success.

I did a reboot of the My Cloud (40 second one) hoping that it would automatically update the firmware. It did not. So, now I’m still receiving emails, my firmware is still 5.18.117, and I don’t know how to proceed.

Any guidance would be really appreciated !

Your device is already on OS5. Firmware v5.x is OS5. Firmware Release 5.18.117 (11/1/2021) for the second gen single bay My Cloud is the latest firmware for your device.

Wait. Are you saying that I’m receiving weekly emails even though I’m not concerned ? :grinning:

WD is, for what ever reason, sending out what appears to be weekly emails warning My Cloud users about the end of OS3 and telling people to update to OS5 if their My Cloud device supports it. Your device apparently has already been updated to OS5. You can, if you wish, choose to ignore/delete the emails or choose the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email to hopefully stop receiving those weekly OS5 update warning emails.

1 Like

Thank you for taking time to answer.

WD is just shot-gunning emails out to anyone that has a MyCloud account with them. Makes about as much sense as the whole OS3 fiasco.

1 Like